Profits ,Not For Profit ,and Prophecy ( Profitcy )

by smiddy3 4 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I cant get my head around how a religion ,like the Jehovah`s Witnesses can be a Not For Profit organization ,that profits $ from wheeling and dealing in Real Estate ventures $ ,and also profits from being a multi media publishing company $ that in its heyday profited from volunteers selling their literature and now its venturing into the digital age of TV imaging ,video conferencing ,DVD`s and whatever else they can use.$$$

Making $$$ profits from all of these activities while still claiming to be a Not for Profit religion reaping in the $$$ profits selling Prophecy (Profitsy $$$)

It`s about time Governments woke up to this charade .

• gabcol
    gabcol

I agree with you. When I was in the religion, I had the blinders on. I thought we were helping the world.. but now on the outside looking in, I can see how much of a scam it is.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Being a 'Not-for-profit' doesn't mean that it doesn't earn profits. Most 'not-for-profits' make sizeable profits, however, that profit is not returned back to the owners. The profit earned is retained in the business and is used to further it.

No matter how we see it, there is no evidence that the profit earned by WT is somehow distributed among the directors or the GB members.

• Overrated
    Overrated

When I was in I thought, how wonderful! But when you wake up an see the real estate empire and now the media mega that was created from donation of others. And the question is: who really benefits from all this? I know I don't! Then the question of what purpose does it serve? Only a select few. It's a business under a Vail of being a church. It serves no one but the top elite in the group and gets handouts for being a 5013c.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Drearyweather - "...there is no evidence that the profit earned by WT is somehow distributed among the directors or the GB members."

This.

All available anecdotal evidence indicates that the GB's primary (really, only) focus is being "God's Exclusive Earthly Organization".

Money is a factor, but it's a means of maintaining that fiction, not the end in and of itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit