$10 per pub. Money begging session last night

by StarTrekAngel 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

@Iown Mylife... The AH here is fairly new, no more than 5 years old. For as long as I remember we've had to travel for the larger assemblies to places like Houston or San Antonio. Undocumented brothers, which make a very large part of this circuit, were never able to attend because of a border patrol checkpoints that seat along the route north. Somehow no one, not even me at the time, questioned or wondered why Jehovah would forget about these brothers. Why did we not just have the assemblies, all of them locally. Why is it the the FD&S saw fit to "feed" these brothers but not others just because of their legal status.

Now the "blessing" is here and every brother and sister, wether they are legally here or not, can attend.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Money grabbing probably making people nervous!!

That new silver-sword bible released in 2013 does have a scripture about ''Tithing''.

I wouldn't be surprised, to have the Borg increase the load on the WT's. Really weigh them down. Probably a WT study about giving ''valuable things'' to God.

Really weigh the WT's down, strain out the dubs, with their budgets already strained as it is. If you don't comply with the directives, expect the wrath of a cult!!!

• James Jack
    James Jack

This topic has been covered within the past year. The U.S. Territory assessment per Assembly went to I was told to $10.50 per publisher. Our assessment went from $2.80 per pub(4 fold increase).

I asked our COBE why such a drastic increase. He said: "Orders from the Branch"!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

$10 per pub. Money begging session last night

We`re WatchTower "GREEDY BUM" Rock Star Popes/And We Want Your Moneeeeeeey!

BUMS!-BUMS!-BUMS!

Dig Really Deep/As We Fleece the Sheep!

BUMS!-BUMS!-BUMS!
    Image result for watchtower governing body

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

John 2:15 "stop making my father's house a place of business". These people are covering

every aspect of what a religion is not to be according to the Bible. They have no shame, they

know the flock will eat it up as the word of GOD. We should feel sorry for the GB they

are suffering from a Messiah complex, they no not what they say.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I know I am not getting an inheritance in any case, but knowing my mom is putting her day to day resources into that nonsense makes me sad for her. In her current town everyone has more money than her, so I am sure that their assessment is higher than in her old town. Frankly, the old town and JWs generally are in $eriou$ trouble$ and could use a food bank more than an AH. It would be a lot more useful for them as the town is closing down.
  • Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Well folks! I've been around for a long time and I remember when we used high schools for our circuit assemblies. Some high schools (early 70's) cost $1,000 for the weekend (3 days), others were free...I know that because Clyde was in accounting. Then they proposed construction of an assembly hall with the excuse that it was cheaper than having to pay rent for a facility. Huh!

I also remember a scripture in Acts (would have to look it up) where we would tell people that early Christians met in school auditoriums and that we follow their example.

I also remember that we rented a facility for the Kingdom Hall. In our city it was a room above a grocery store and a bar. They finally build a Kingdom Hall in 1959, but it was pretty basic, even had a concrete floor...not acceptable these days.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Bonnie your comment brings to mind something that was mention in the past few days,

Wounded Warrior project. The money received from donation for the purpose in aiding these

heroic veterans is under investigation. Greed steps in..

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Remember, the circuit elders add a large donation to the society to each assembly cost. Each individual assembly. This amount is considered when the accounting is done and if it is not met it is announced as "This assembly had not met its costs." So its bullshit to say that local money wasn't provided for maintenance, it was diverted and more is being asked. They are merely insuring their donations remain static from the assemblies. Such bullshit. It always struck me as dishonest to consider a fixed donation that the publishers didn't know about in the budget report to the attendees of a Circuit Assembly. The A. Hall might need only 2000.00 for the assembly but they needed 3000.00 more for the designated donation to the worldwide work. Jerks.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

S T Angel, I get your meaning as to the reason they call it a blessing. Cuts down on mileage and more ppl can attend and give money that would have been spent on fuel. Which again blesses WT.

Wasanelder, I remember waaaaay back (mid 80s) at my first few assemblies, I heard that in the afternoon announcements, that the contributions were not enough to send the contribution that they had decided to send, so would everyone please cough up the shortfall. At the time I thought, Why did they decide an amount before the donations were even counted??!

And why did I ignore that red flag sticking in my face?

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit