$10 per pub. Money begging session last night

by StarTrekAngel 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Last night, during our "Christian Life and Ministry" meeting, we had a session on local needs. Elder opened the talk with a disclaimer saying that this was a reminder (cited Psalms about how David loved Jehovahs reminders). He reminded us of how bless we are of having our own local assembly hall. Reminded us on how excited we were in participating on the construction. Reminded us how many of us made donations to pay for the construction. He then proceeded to remind us that building of that size require a lot of maintenance and cost a lot of money to operate. He informed us that there has been a reduction on the amount of money received at each assembly. He then dropped the bomb... The assembly comitee has estimated that in order to cover the cost of maintenance, we would need to contribute $10 per publisher. I had never witnessed such a direct and specific request for an amount. He did not say about, he did not say close to, he said exactly $10. Off course, obligated he was to also add that we don't all have the same resources and some would contribute more while other would contribute less. He also reminded us that is not just the AH that needs resources, there is an apartment in the back where the CO lives. He said that $2 of those $10 goes to maintain the apartment for the CO.

At the end of the meeting, the elder doing the closing remarks clarified. Brothers, the said amount is nor per assembly, but per day of assembly. The sister seating in front of us had a confused look in her face.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    He informed us that there has been a reduction on the amount of money received at each assembly.

Great news! More people are waking up!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I really wonder if all this direct begging will make contributions go up or down. Could go either way.
  • Room 215
    Room 215
    Nauseating money-grab...
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    so--how many circuits use that ass--hole--sorry--hall ?
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Receiving less money at assemblies? Who? What?

5 years ago a typical day was $10000. Now they are $24000 per day. How is that less?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Last night, during our "Christian Life and Ministry" meeting, we had a session on local needs. Elder opened the talk with a disclaimer saying that this was a reminder (cited Psalms about how David loved Jehovahs reminders).

David also loved adultery, fornication and murder. David was filth.

He reminded us of how bless we are of having our own local assembly hall. Reminded us on how excited we were in participating on the construction. Reminded us how many of us made donations to pay for the construction.

The R&F paid for everything including giving their time. Jehovah(tm), the watchtower paid for NOTHING.

He then proceeded to remind us that building of that size require a lot of maintenance and cost a lot of money to operate. He informed us that there has been a reduction on the amount of money received at each assembly. He then dropped the bomb... The assembly comitee has estimated that in order to cover the cost of maintenance, we would need to contribute $10 per publisher.

I'd like to see thier figures! No disclosure with these company men.

I had never witnessed such a direct and specific request for an amount. He did not say about, he did not say close to, he said exactly $10. Off course, obligated he was to also add that we don't all have the same resources and some would contribute more while other would contribute less. He also reminded us that is not just the AH that needs resources, there is an apartment in the back where the CO lives. He said that $2 of those $10 goes to maintain the apartment for the CO.

Appeal to authority. Guilt, fear and phobia.

I wonder if the amount $10 was approved by the corporation or if this is a BOE desicion?

At the end of the meeting, the elder doing the closing remarks clarified. Brothers, the said amount is nor per assembly, but per day of assembly.

Whatever happend to the old 'never begging for money'? They always did...now it's more obvious.

The sister seating in front of us had a confused look in her face.

I wonder what her ID will be on this forum?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I would have asked that asshole to go pull it from the funds that Mother Org so lovingly wiped out from all the local congregations bank accounts a while back!! Pull it from there, ass-clowns!!!

What a money-grubbing farce this cult has become. Wow, just WOW!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

At least they are actually forthcoming in the amount they are looking for. That's the first time I've heard a specific amount outside an elders meeting. At our local AH, the amount a year ago was around 4 per publisher. At the last CA, that amount jumped to $10 but they never publicly said that was the target. But doing the math on the attendance and factoring in the fact there were little kids not publishers, it came out to that amount.

When they announced the expenses, everyone was expecting the 10-11k that it normally was. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was like 22-23k. An audible gasp went up when they announced the amount.

This is why they put on CAs. It's a money maker.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Did they make it clear that this $10 obligation is for EACH MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY for each day of the assembly?

It's great that they don't take collection and rely on Jehovah to keep the work going forward.

The Jehovah Sock Puppet, on the other hand, relies on guilt-trpping and threats that you might not see Paradise if you're not a cheerful Borg-anism.

It's all BIBLE BASED, you see!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit