Set Free in the Seventh Year.

by S0ShowdidIgethere 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• S0ShowdidIgethere
    S0ShowdidIgethere

Someone else posted a tid bit if this weeks meeting...but here's my favorite part...

So...Deuteronomy...Jehovah cares for the poor...those with no inheritance get help...debts are forgiven...and THEN!

Deuteronomy 15:12-14:

"If one of your brothers, a hebrew man or woman, is sold to you and has SERVED you for six years, then in the SEVENTH YEAR you should SET HIM FREE. And if you should set him free, DO NOT send him away EMPTY HANDED. You should supply him GENEROUSLY with something from your flock, your threshing floor, and your press for oil and wine, Just as Jehovah your God has blessed you, you should give to him"

So, in the seventh year of his servitude, an Israelite who had sold himself into slavery was set free and given a gift by his master!!!!!!!!!

....ehem....Personally I think the GB should focus more on THIS...once you've reached your 7th year of service, you're free to go, and then send you off with some cash for your time....

This!!!!!!! Yes, Please!!!!

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

How about automatic reinstatement every 7 years after being DF'ed?

Imagine if, say, year 7 ended up being 2028....how much fun would naughty JWs have in 2027?

• SoTrapped
    SoTrapped

I love this!

I also thought it was interesting that they could also choose to stay with their master if they loved him, and in that case they would be stuck with that decision (if memory serves me correctly)

Thats what happens with baptism - no matter how young or naive you were, its an "awl" through the ear

• asp59
    asp59

Why not. Send home with some of brother Morris fine scotch whisky 🥃 😉

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I'll add this to my list of scriptures to remember. Someone else on this site brought up Galatians 1:6-9 which is now my go to scripture for disproving the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit