Berkshire Circuit (UK)

by Dont_Believe_The_Truth 45 Replies latest jw friends

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    on the carts today they were still giving out the december 2015 watchtower and awakes
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Ps i can see them being kicked out by the uk charity commision not only because of what they might find with regards to child abuse BUT also the fact that at the moment the jws have took their fight with the comission right up to onr of the top uk courts, now i always thought that a charity was meant to be open and accountable and if you cant be that to a uk government appointed body then you are not doing your self many favours.What other charity do people know in the uk, that will not cooperate with body in charge.i can see some new light coming and most of the uk bethel will either be moved to germany or kicked out
  • Peony
    Peony

Interestingly if you google charities who have tried to challenge the charity commission Jehovah's Witness came up first with a charity called Cage second.......they help people who have been accused of terrorism!!!

I agree Pepperheart, why fight if you have nothing to hide. We all know the real reason is because they will lose lots of money if they lose charitable status.

• freddo
    freddo

I heard about this over the Easter weekend from someone who attends a congregation in Berkshire - she has an elder relative there too. Apparently the rumour is that the elders will hear something within the next 3 weeks.

So that fits in with the O.P.

Interesting - as Phizzy mentioned - "Hail the Theocracy, ever increasing! Wondrous expansion is now taking place!"

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    I know lots who attend the KH in Farnborough. It's a beautiful converted cinema/theatre that houses 4 congns. 2 x up, 2x downstairs. I remarked a couple of years ago that this is prime location property, and I wondered how long they would be allowed to remain in it. Megga bucks to a property developer. They just looked at me. My younger daughter DA'd last month, so I've no way in finding out what's going down.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    In the uk their is a property website called rightmove they might be able to give you some answers
  • Listener
    Listener
    Someone could always call Bethel, if they don't know the answer, they must have the contact number of someone who does.
  • Anonymaus1914
    Anonymaus1914

Farnborough, Aldershot and Fleet are being merged and then split to Farnborough East and West. Still going to be at the same hall as far as I'm aware.

Maus.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    thanks for that, interesting news basically Fleet and Aldershot have been axed! wondering how many more in the UK are due to be axed?
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

Kingdom Hall, 37 Camp Road, Farnborough

1925:

2015:

http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/38270

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit