A Comment from jwsurvey.org

by HiddlesWife 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

I read some information from jwsurvey.org the other day and a poster ("Big B") posted the following comment (these main words I highlighted in bold) which really stood out to me:

There is no place in an modern world for this organization but watch its downward spiral into the abyss of historic oblivion as most of the Adventist Millerite movement has already taken. The Jehovah’s Witnesses are shown that the Organization is corrupt and lies through its teeth are being intellectually dishonest with nobody but themselves as this recent survey shows. These idiots that put their faith in the promises of men are not to be hated but pitied. Like the Sergei video they will die disappointed, despondent, discouraged, disillusioned, disgruntled, and angry at lost opportunities wasted on a man-made cult based on a supposition. Namely, “let us suppose Adam and Eve did not sin in Eden”.

Some ask why don’t these men see what’s going on and do the right thing? Maybe they are trying to have persecution come on the organization by the world’s governments and start the Great Tribulation on their own. Is this in the back of their delusional minds? God forbid; it will not work out for them but hasten their demise.

This poster's statement (in bold) really made me think: Would the GB and their helpers really be radical and insane enough to do something like that?! (Hopefully not to prove a point!) Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In light of the WTS's past history , I find this suggestive theory highly unlikely.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another aspect to be considered is the WTS/JWSs have already been persecuted more so in the past and the said or proclaimed things by the WTS has never transpired.

Not surprising since they take the scriptural writings in the bible as fact and not mythological fiction for what they really are.

• zeb
    zeb

Create persecution? They would delight in such a thing. They would have martyrs galore..

Persecution would be a perfect screen for all the law suits they are facing. Vile emperors have used this trick in the past. When they have stuffed up their economies and sent their countries bankrupt they start a war and point to it as persecution,.

• waton
    waton

Perhaps they tried that before by the provocative, aggressive and condemnatory " resolutions" they passed at assemblies. Government are satan's tools say Eie ! seven trumpets, more considered as passing gas. .

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That poster certainly needs lessons in proper grammar, sentence structure and spelling...that much I do know....

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

The referral to JWs as "These idiots..." is parallel to the way the governing body sees people who are not JWs or who have a different opinion.

For example, the January 2018 study WT says the following re non-JWs....

"... many of us live and work with those who are infected with attitudes and characteristics that run counter to godly qualities. .... We will also see how we can protect ourselves from being infected."

This is egregious language on the part of the governing body and its writing committee. They really do look down on others who are not JWs. So does "Big B" similarly look down on others in describing those JWs as "these idiots". Reminds me of the third reich's use of the term "untermenschen". Good injection of respect for others is needed!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I could see them claiming an "invisible" tribulation has begun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit