Anyone in the UK know about this?

by punkofnice 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

One of my JW spies told me that a US JW speaker was visiting the UK. Some bigwig, on a TV screen, I believe. Sorry, that's all I have.

Anecdotal I admit, but I was told he said, "you British think you are superior."

A sister is reported to have gone home crying.

Anyone out there know what really happened? My spy is not available for comment.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

The British are superior....most think Donald Trump is an idiot, as opposed to the nearly 50% of Americans who support him.😝

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    SAH-"The British are superior....most think Donald Trump is an idiot, as opposed to the nearly 50% of Americans who support him."

I'm not so sure we can claim being any better than the US considering that over half of the voters went for Boris Johnson. LOL

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

, "you British think you are superior."

no--hes wrong there.....

we know we are

• freddo
    freddo

Reminds me of the old Navy anecdote.

One US Navy group (like one tenth of your Navy) and the whole Royal Navy on manoeuvres together and the US group is still bigger than the Royal Navy ...

US Admiral Randy Blowhard calls over the radio to Royal Navy Admiral Sir Nelson Cholmondeley-Smythe.

"Say buddy! Hi there from the biggest Navy in the world! Howya doin'?"

R.N. Admiral Cholmondeley-Smythe.

"Well hello back to you old chap, with a ding dang spillip from the very best Navy in the world."

Delusions from a once great past!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I heard about this!

It was during a branch or special visit(?) talk beamed into local Kingdom Halls on a Saturday afternoon a few weeks ago. I think the speaker was Flodin but I could be wrong. He said the British think they are superior. It could have been a joke that went flat, or he thought he was making a serious observation for the brothers to "work on". Apparently some took offence. Less so perhaps in Scotland because many Scots don't identify as British anyway, although as an American he's probably oblivious to that nuance.

Yeah it was during the Flodin talk.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5770009745817600/programme-uk-branch-visit

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

nice to see you back again again Slim

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Whoop whoop! You're back SBF. Glad to see it.

• DJS
    DJS

Glad you're back SBF! Great to see you too SBF. Geesh. You're growing on me. Sorta like a fungus. Or mold.

Anyway, Glad you're here.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ahaaaaaa. Thanks for the link SBF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit