Sex offenders register

by In_between_days 5 Replies latest jw friends

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Hi Everyone,

A serious subject. I finally perused the Australian sex offenders online register, just to check and make sure there was no one I knew regestered. Thankfully, there was not. While doing this, I wondered whether anyone from this forum had investigated the register and discovered any active JW's they knew or had known on it. To tell you the truth after the horrors of the expose' of the cult, I wanted to make sure there was no one I knew or who my parents knew on it. I was thinking how would I deal with it if there was. Has anyone been in this situation, perhaps seen any active Jw's on the site. If so, did you inform or warn any other JW's you cared about? How they deal with it?

This site really depressed me. The cases were truly disgusting.. its sad to look at the pages and pages of monsters.

• shotgun
    shotgun

Is there asite like that for Canada and the US?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Is there asite like that for Canada and the US?

Check out http://www.sexcriminals.com/. It has links to many of the US state databases (not all states have them, it is a matter of state law).

• Dimples
    Dimples

Oh My !! I just checked the sex offenders site here in Florida last week and YES !!!! I was shocked to see someone I shared the same congregation with and book study was definetly on there . I almost fell off my chair, I just couldn't believe it. As I look back I remember that I was asking his wife one time for her address to update my address book and she asked me, what did I want her address for. I think she must have thought I was checking something out. Also, at a book study, the conducter asked him to open with prayer and he shook his head NO! I knew something was up with him then but of course they sure kept that a secret. Seeing his photo and address on that website was a very creepy feeling. I never really liked him, he was very sarcastic so I kept my distance. I wonder if he molested anyone at the hall we used to attend? We had lots of children there. Pretty scary stuff!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    wondered whether anyone from this forum had investigated the register and discovered any active JW's they knew or had known on it.

Yep. In my wife's old congregation she discovered someone who had molested a little girl in the hall was convicted and sent to jail. Naturally the elders covered it up and we didn't know anything about it until she discovered this creep on the website. After he was released, he attended a children only roller skating party. My children were at that party. Thankfully nothing happened. Of course all the Witnesses thought it was a wonderful idea that he was there (he's so good with children).

• Joker10
    Joker10

Of course!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit