Happy Mother’s Day!

by HiddenPimo 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

To all the moms around the world. Thank you for being a mother.

http://time.com/4771354/mothers-day-history-origins/

Nothing pagan about it so it’s just like a wedding anniversary and should be celebrated!

• stillin
    stillin

I second that emotion.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Any mother's get breakfast in bed this morning? If so - who made it for you?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Have a grt day all

Zing

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Every day should be mother's day! :)

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I'm kinda sad, because I raised my kids as good JWs, and even though they are out, they don't really buy into the holidays. I guess that's on me.

• blondie
    blondie

Mother's day is not always a happy day for many of us. Shunned by our families or worse yet still abusing us emotionally. My jw mother is dead now, and I'm not unhappy. I do feel bad knowing what I missed regarding a good relationship with her. But as the person she was till the day she died, I only feel a little regret of what it might have been. I am an orphan now for sure and people no longer ask me how they are, but I was an orphan long before that.

So those who have a good relationship with mom, I know you show her love 365 days a year.

• zeb
    zeb

i went for a bike ride yesterday glorious chilly sunny day and lots of people out and about. I wished every mum I passed a Happy Mums day. They were all much pleased.

and Blondie.? heres a hug for you.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, zeb. When I cut my jw family off (I'm am neither da'd or df'd) did they hate that. How dare I label them bad association. From the first day, a huge weight was lifted off me. I wish I had done it early. They contacted non-jw people I knew saying I had lost my mind; they would tell them that I finally found my mind.

It isn't only jws that have this family dynamic, I worked with a non-jw woman who had not talked to her abusive parents for 30 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit