The restaurant at the end of the universe

by Xanthippe 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I sat outside at a cafe with my cappuccino for the first time today. The sky was blue, the birds were singing, I could hear a woodpecker in the tall trees. I closed my eyes and felt the sun on my face for the first time in months and I thought, I could sit here until the end of time. How was your Good Friday?

(For those fans of Douglas Adams who were attracted by the thread title do you remember the character at the restaurant who was spending a year dead for tax purposes? I had a manager like that once.. Who was your favourite character?)

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Sounds peaceful. Spring is my second favorite season after autumn. Here in Northeast Ohio we have 70 degrees one day and snow flurries the next. On those warm days you see convertibles with the top down, motorcycles and people in shorts. The next day it is back to the parkas and gloves! I have hundreds of daffodils blooming in my yard. I love them because they remind me of my dad. His favorite color was yellow. He died in 2004 and I still miss him everyday. His birthday is early April and I always take a bouquet to his grave on that day. All in all, life is good and this time of year with everything coming to life is a good time to reflect on that. Enjoy your cappuccino. 🍵
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

Favorite character, definitely Zaphod Beeblebrox (both of them).

“I'm up to here with cool, okay? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I'm so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.” - Beeblebrox, Restaurant at the End of the Universe

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was able to get out for a bit of gardening today. It was lovely, 70 degrees and sunny, a perfect spring day. Our recent rains have resulted in incredible growth, Honeysuckle is starting to bloom and roses will be soon.

I finished this sign for my business also. I make reproductions of vintage advertising signs from reclaimed wood, or in this case and old headboard. It's my biggest sign to date, I'm pretty happy with it.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

SafeAtHome ...I love them because they remind me of my dad. His favorite color was yellow. He died in 2004 and I still miss him everyday..

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Lisa Rose.......ya got talent.☺
  • Simon
    Simon

I used to love The HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy. The TV series was good but the radio show was the best.

I'd be Marvin, the miserable android - complaining about everything. At least that's what my wife says :)

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

SafeAtHome the weather in Ohio sounds wild! I need to plant more daffodils, your garden must look lovely. Yes I agree it's good to reflect and enjoy as the trees and plants come to life again.

Zaphod is hilarious jwleaks. What was that machine called that could connect you to the whole universe and blew your mind? Zaphod survived it because of his huge ego.

LisaRose that sign is amazing, you should be pleased with it. My roses are just budding and won't be flowering for a while but I did mulch them yesterday and I'm looking forward to beautiful flowers on the ones I bought last year.

The radio show in the seventies Simon? I remember that with was it Peter Jones as the narrator? Oh yes Marvin the paranoid android. " I'm just going to lie face down on the floor. You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to"

I liked Slartibartfast who did the squiggly bits around Norway.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Yes, the motto here is if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change. Case in point: yesterday, Sunday, was sunny, light breeze and 74 degrees. Went for a walk in a park then got ice cream. Lots of people sitting at sidewalk tables enjoying their coffees too. We had a wild thunderstorm overnight that brought in a cold front. Today it is high of 42 with a wicked wind chill in the 20's.

LisaRose that is so charming and clever! You are very talented.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Yes, the motto here is if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change.

I thought that was only life in England, SafeAtHome.

Today it is high of 42

Well 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything. 😀

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit