Documentary on the problem of child abuse within the Organisation.

by UnshackleTheChains 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I just watched the following documentary. It is absolutely mind boggling the lengths the Organisation goes to keep their squeaky clean image, regardless!

What struck me was the sneakiness of elders in one particular hall hiding files on a pedophile, and the fact that the Organisation arrogantly refuses to speak to journalists. The lack of cooperation is unbelievable. My heart goes out to the victims affected by the heartless policies of the GB.

https://youtu.be/_AJPHGMt9JI

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I started watching this the other day but didn't finish. I find it hard watching this stuff.

I like to read Watchtower history and know all the errors and mistakes. But this sort of thing is too harrowing. I can't work out if it permeates all society and JWs are part of a larger problem. Or whether the organisation is exceptionally full of evil. It's hard to think that is so, when my own experience of JWs was relatively good, and most of the JWs I knew, as far as I knew, good and kind people.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Slim,

JW's at the lowest levels are the kindest and most innocent, but that gradually changes for the worse as you go up the hierarchy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a good documentary that it exposes the trite ignorance and corruption of how the people within the organization strive to uphold its image of itself.

Protect the image of the organization took precedence over the protection of children from sexual predators.

One could describe it as an act of self organized sanctimonious pretentiousness.

The damage which resulted in some children being attacked due to the exploitation of the two person witness rule and the foreknowing that the organization will try to undisclosed the behavior to outside law authorities.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

SBF

You are right. It is harrowing to watch. I agree that child abuse is a problem throughout society. I also agree that the vast majority of witnesses are good sincere people. It's not about them per se. The issue is the way the organisation handled such allegations in the past. It is just mind boggling to day the least eg sitting a child or young female down in front of 3 men with the perpetrator present and being asked intimate questions about their allegations is incredible.

At least the good that comes of all this is that the GB are being ' forced' to bring about change given the scandal worldwide around this issue.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" At least the good that comes of all this is that the GB are being ' forced' to bring about change given the scandal worldwide around this issue"

I see no evidence of any change yet, they have just confirmed in a letter to all British Congregations that nothing has changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit