Disassociation Announcement

by Paul Bonanno 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Paul Bonanno
    Paul Bonanno

Did anyone experience a disassociation announcement during the Public Meeting instead during the Service Meeting?

In my case it was announced the next day that we submitted our letter and this was on Sunday instead of waiting for the Service Meeting on Thursday.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That's weird, mine they waited like two weeks. Maybe thier announcing it right away so the zombies will have less opportunity to talk with the one leaving.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Paul,

Another example of them not either knowing or being unwilling to follow their own rules.

Those announcements are not to be made at public meetings.

They are also not to be made during a C.O.s visit.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Why wait to hate.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Why even disassociate?

That's basically admitting that this organization is one that is to be respected and taken seriously, even to the point of deserving formal resignations whenever members decide to quit.

• Paul Bonanno
    Paul Bonanno
    The elders manual Shepherd the Flock of God (ks10 p.112) states that these announcements should be read in the "next Service Meeting."
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, in the end, it's not changing anything for you. Ultimately, the timing will only hurt the doofus who announced it, though even that's unlikely

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

They must be afraid of you, like they can't wait to let people know not to talk to you.

• oppostate
    oppostate

They're probably not getting enough attendance at the mid-week meeting! Kkkkkk.

• bradford
    bradford

I waited months. Elder bodies are different. Some are strict with procedure, some not so much. Unless the CO is sitting there in the audience it's irrelevant unless a regular jw in the congregation is going to go out of their way to rat on an elder for making an announcement on a Sunday instead of the mid-week meeting.

In my experience barely half the congregation shows up for midweek meetings but news like a DF announcement travels quickly. Maybe it was just a mistake, who cares, be free of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit