Did Geoffrey Jackson Actually Reject His Faith During the ARC Hearing?

by xjwsrock 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

As portrayed in the convention videos this year about Sergei (the fictional JW character in cold-war-era USSR), the JW leaders expect loyalty, even enduring imprisonment and/or death. In one scene Sergei was offered an early release from prison if he would sign a statement renouncing his religion. Well he refused and spent 5 years in prison as a result. This was applauded by the organization and shown as an expected course of conduct for members and a reflection of his true faith.

My questions are these.

How do you justify expecting an individual to stand up for his beliefs regardless of consequences while not expecting the same from a leader of the religion when under oath?

Following the example of JW leadership, why couldn't Sergei sign the statement renouncing his religion as an act of "theocratic warfare"?

Did Geoffrey Jackson indirectly reject his faith by refusing to stand up for his beliefs when questioned? Did he deny his faith and thus his God?

Did the JW organization as a whole reject their faith and their God by permitting this to happen publicly without a word of condemnation?

What say you?..................

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

I'm on day 3 of the hearing. 5 more days till Jackson I believe. It's quite fascinating to watch.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Good point. Loesch was the same. "I have no control over the Watchtower, Watchtower has no control over me" or words to that effect. He denied his religion.

In his case, he gave his signature. Sergei refused

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

xjwsrock - "Did Geoffrey Jackson indirectly reject his faith by refusing to stand up for his beliefs when questioned?"

Nope.

He just lied.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No he affirmed his faith by partaking of the holy sacrament of theocratic warfare strategy. I once wrote a thread on this topic.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Did Geoffrey Jackson indirectly reject his faith by refusing to stand up for his beliefs when questioned? Did he deny his faith and thus his God?

Absolutely Not!!..

WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope Geoffrey Jackson..

Engaged in "Theocratic Warfare Strategy / WBT$ Approved Lying"..

He did an Awesome Job!!..

I Lied My Ass Off!....FOR JEHOVAH!!..
    Stupid ARC.....Real Dumb Asses!.....LOL!!..

Image result for jw.org broadcasting Geoffrey jackson

• sir82
    sir82

This is presented as a joke, but I'm virtually certain this is EXACTLY what he was thinking as he did it.

The higher up the chain you go, you find JWs converging into one of 2 camps: The cynically evil and the thoroughly deluded.

The cynically evil are in it for what they can get out of it. They are a minority.

Most high-ranking JWs end up believing their own hype (as found, for example, in the Insight books) - that somehow the "issue of universal sovereignty" really is "the most important issue in all of the universe", that they themselves are key players, and they really are taking a stand against "Satan" by doing anything and everything in their power to protect "Kingdom interests".

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

An argument could be made that a person or religion should never deny their beliefs or faith when questioned or challenged, even if doing so would bring negative consequences or persecution. It's called being faithful. It's called standing up for what you believe in.

Refusing to tell the enemy where people are hiding, or refusing to give a list of names, etc., is not the same as denying your religious convictions.

Geoffrey Jackson denied his religious beliefs in a public forum as a representative of the entire religion. That's not theocratic warfare. That's selling out to avoid persecution. That's selling out to protect the business interests of your multi-billion dollar machine. That's FEAR plain and simple. It shows a lack of faith in their God's saving ability.

• sir82
    sir82

Geoffrey Jackson denied his religious beliefs in a public forum as a representative of the entire religion. That's not theocratic warfare. That's selling out to avoid persecution.

Possibly.

The human mind is an amazing thing. It can transform a cowardly act of self-interest into a noble act of gallantry and courage with very little effort. And that's just your average guy.

The guys at the top are really full of themselves. They are, they believe, THE 7 MOST IMPORTANT HUMANS in existence in the entire 14 billion light year wide universe.

It is, I imagine, extraordinarily easy for them to to justify, in their own minds, virtually anything that they do as being UNIVERSALLY COSMICALLY IMPORTANT.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is presented as a joke, but I'm virtually certain this is EXACTLY what he was thinking as he did it......sir82

Some of the Funniest Shit is Absolutely True..

Geoffrey Jackson was Lying and he Knew It!..

The Reason Jackson Lied was to Protect the WBT$ / Jehovah..

IN WATCHTOWER WORLD..

Using Theocratic Warfare Strategy / WBT$ Approved Lying..

Makes Geoffrey Jackson a WBT$ /JW Hero!..

Image result for you cant make this shit up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit