Now this is weird, ever heard of the "Mandela Effect" ??? What if... ?

by Greybeard 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Now this is weird, ever heard of the "Mandela Effect" ??? What if it is actually possible? I know how crazy it sounds but I got to tell you, this article about the Governing Body finally admitting the "faithful slave" was not divinely appointed by Jesus in 1919 was epic to me. Like a Mandela Effect feeling. How did I miss it? That happened in July 2013 and is online here please read last paragraph: https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130715/jesus-prophecy-last-days/

That was almost 3 years ago! How many of you missed it? I know it sounds crazy but could this be the Mandela Effect? Hey ya never know... Maybe time travelers do exist lol ;)

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJkJ3TzciqE

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wait a minute the gb never said they were not appointed the faithful slave . They said that Jesus had not given them thier reward yet . This was done to help alleviate them from legal problems.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Ok I get you but still, this is a huge change is it not? They taught they were appointed in 1919 over all his belongings for years. Hmmmm I must be in the twilight zone lol ... It just seams so odd I missed this epic statement.

"Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation. So, then, all three “whens” apply to the same future time period—the great tribulation. How does this adjusted view further affect our understanding of the illustration of the faithful slave?" Watchtower Study Edition July 2013

Never mind the question, how does this adjusted view further effect our understanding of the Governing Body who claims to be the "faithful and discrete slave"?

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Welcome to the Twilight Zone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrJQzyaXjPw

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don't know but to make a final and accurate understanding of who the faithful slave is one can turn to Luke 12:41 where Peter states it just a parable or just and illustration. So since it just a parable we can clearly see that it has no meaning with regard to someone actually being a faithful slave. So then we can only assume that these GB men are nothing but liars false prophets and con artists. Finally the book of revelations states that liars will not enter into gods kingdom. I hope I was able to answer your question biblically.

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Yes, I understand CG and thank you. My question is more about the Mandela Effect. It seams to me nobody has noticed this Epic confession of the Governing Body. I searched google for this quote, "Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation." and NOTHING has showed up except a recent quote on this website and JW.org This happened almost three years ago and nobody has quoted it online? That seams very odd to me. Right now the Governing Body is probably trying to figure out how that got on JW.org Maybe I'm over thinking this crazy guy I don't know...

I can not even find this above quote on jwfacts.com and it was printed in 2013??? Now how strange is that? Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't think so. This is very strange to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Greybeard, you're making a bid deal out of nothing.

It's business as usual at WTS. Nothing has really changed.

It's the same as saying voting is a "conscience matter" and no longer a cause for being DFd. But if you vote, you have "DAd yourself by your actions by not maintaining your political neutrality".

WELL! What a relief. NOT DFd. Only DAd. SSDD (Same Sh*t, Different Day at WT). Business as usual.

Additionally, there is not 1-out-of-a-100 JWs that even are aware of that change. Many don't even know that the F&DS is now ONLY the GB (vs. the old lite of all of the anointed remnant).

Doc

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Whats up DOC? Silly me, I happen to think this is a huge quote and why it is only now recently being quoted is huge. Maybe I missed something in my search but it is not on jwfacts.com so I bet he never read it. Are you telling me you read this quote and it was like no big deal? Its Epic to me! Laughable to say the least!

"Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation. So, then, all three “whens” apply to the same future time period—the great tribulation. How does this adjusted view further affect our understanding of the illustration of the faithful slave?" Watchtower Study Edition July 2013
  • startingover
    startingover

The big deal in 13 was that the GB alone took over the role of the FD&S excluding the rest of the remnant. The appointment over the belongings part is confusing to me, just like the claim that the Evil Slave has not arrived yet. Sometimes I think they are just trying to make it all confusing so they can eventually discard all the 607 nonsense and along with that 1914,.

• Listener
    Listener

With that change they say there was never a FDS until 1919 is extraordinary, not even the disciples were FDSs.

They are also basically calling all JWs back then who said Russell was the FDS, liars, even Rutherford stated he was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit