We got a letter addressed to Barbara Anderson and my husband!

by 3rdgen 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

No kidding! The return address is the PO box for the local KH. The letter was addressed:

Barbara Anderson

Husband's full Name

Current correct Address

The handwriting looked familiar. I opened the envelope and found a letter that read as follows:

Dear Neighbor,

Hello! My name is Rose (name changed)

I would much rather chat with you face to face but just not able to at this time.

I want to encourage you to go online + check out our website -JW.org it has VERY interesting information to read.

Did you know the Bible told us about our current crisis as part of the "Last Day" ?(no s)

Go online and read all about it!

I wish you well and healthy!

Sincerely

Rose

I was once a very good friend of this single sister until.....over 20 years ago I found out that my then- husband had given her at least two $500.00 cash gifts. (At the same time, I found out that he had been serial cheating on me with many other women. She was single because her husband divorced her because She had cheated.) She wrote us thank-you notes for these gifts, which is how I found out about the money and her handwriting. I divorced that SOB.

Meanwhile, I remarry, and a few years ago I hear that Rose was in a terrible car accident, nearly died, and was left with a Traumatic Brain Injury. Several years ago we ran into each other where I was working. She now was a shell of her former self and definitely kookie as can be. Trying to get rid of her, I told her I was no longer a JW. She responded, Then, you are an apostate?!!! "No", I said. "I'm just not a believer anymore". She left PRONTO LOL Then sent me an email saying she wants no contact with me because I'm an apostate. Fine. Let the cong. deal with her!

But why the Barbara Anderson reference? Does she have a clue who she is? Well, the whole thing made me laugh and I thought I would share.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Maybe she just calls all female ‘apostates’ “Barbara Anderson”. Kind of like calling someone a “Karen”. 🤣

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Jeffro, I was thinking the same thing but wanted to know what others make of this.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Her way of maybe hinting she knows you are here? Or maybe reaching out for some TATT subtly, but with cognitive impairment.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

That sounds like the work of a psycho. You said she was even "kookie as can be" when you saw her last. I knew of one pioneer sister that's my mom's age who was beyond weird. If you think people are turned away from the strange JW message can you image the horror they fell when it's one of these crazy ladies at their door.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

S&R

In our last conversation where I told her I was no longer a JW she exclaimed, "All my friends have left the organization!!" I knew who she was referring to and smiled inside.

She can't leave because both of her children are PIMI. One is an elder. She will need the care of them as well as the cong. so I don't think she wants any TTATT.

Aclue

IMO there are at least several "Nuts" in every hall. It seems they are the ones who never miss field circus. I can only imagine what the householders must think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit