My older brother has stopped his bible study

by pale.emperor 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Good news people. My older brother has abruptly stopped his bible study with the witnesses. He was part-time shunning me during his study and his behavior was beginning to change into cult mode but he was thankfully woken up. Wanna know how? One - little - seed - that i planted about 2 months ago the last time he spoke to me. He was very preachy to me about armageddon being so close and how i should return to Jehovah, so i asked him "how does someone leave?". He said they could just go. I reminded him that leaving voluntarily also results in shunning. He said people can just stop going and they're not shunned. I asked him to ask his study conductor.

So two months later (today) he tells me that his study conductor told him they DONT shun people who leave voluntarily. He was even shown a Questions From Readers article backing up their claim (https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/). He then asked my sister (an uber-dub). She also confirmed that people can just leave if they want to, with no reprisals.

THEN... he see's this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYASqqlLBP4

The announcement in the last RC to shun those who've managed to fade. He went back to his study conductor and asked about it. He asked HOW does someone leave once they've joined. He got the truth eventually... essentially, you cant.

So that was that. He felt lied to and want nothing to do with them. He last line hit the nail on the head "if they were lying to me about that, how can i trust anything they say?"

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good news!!!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Good news I've been following your story and looks like things are looking up

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hells yeah! That's awesome! Thanks Jehovah's lying Witnesses!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

He realized he's "not of their sort".

• nevermind
    nevermind
    So that was that. He felt lied to and want nothing to do with them. He last line hit the nail on the head "if they were lying to me about that, how can i trust anything they say?"

Awesome!! Great news indeed!! Glad your brother thought about this and pulled out as soon as he realized that they were lying to him!!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I think the society is starting to feel the strain. My sister told him it's not fair that her friends still talk to their faded family members yet she has to shun me just because im officially announced as no longer a JW.

Let's hope there's a mutiny.

Link to "we dont shun" article here:

• finallysomepride
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome news!

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    Good for your brother for persisting in his search for the real truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit