Disappointed a little .... How many of your family still stuck in the borg?

by run dont walk 6 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

My brother had called a few months ago, and said he and his family will be travelling through on their way to the USA, I have now found out that they are passing me by, and just continuing on to their destination.

I haven't seen him or my nephews in 10 years, actually this was the first time I talked to him in 5 years and was quite surprised they were even considering coming by.

A brief history on me, I left the borg at 20, and I ran, moved 2000 miles to get away from family. They really believed (I think) that I was going to fall flat on my face and come crawling back asking for forgiveness, dream on. I have done better then my whole family put together and I know it pisses them off. So I was actually looking forward to sitting down with him and discussing everything, not just JW stuff. He is an elder, and although I'm not crazy about him, I have a confidence in me now that I never had, especially when it comes to showing how wrong the Watchtower is. I know our discussion would of led to that eventually, and I was ready. But know it's all for not, as I have been passed by, again !!!!!, I'm used to it, I don't even look at them as family anymore, hopefully one day before I die they will see the Watchtower for what it is. Two things I have learned in life, 1) never say never 2) anything can happen, no matter what the circumstances.

So to the question ...... How many of your immediate family memebers still stuck in the borg ? there is 7 in my family, 2 passed away, so 4/5 still in that's 80%. How does your family number up ?

• breal
    breal

There are only a handful of my family members now that are still witnesses.

Reading your post got me to thinking...especially this part...

I have done better then my whole family put together

Recently I was discussing with Spaznik how well I figured I had done for myself and how I really wished I could make my family realize this....Spaznik mentioned that just as I figured I had done well (good job, husband, home, life etc), they too felt the same about there success (still being a witness etc)...or something to that affect... it's all about perception. It helped me to hear that from someone else cuz it made me realize I don't have to prove anything to them cuz they'll never see it from my point of view.

I am sorry that they are passing by and you won't be able to chat with him...but perhaps in due time you will get the opportunity to express what you wish.

Cheers,

Breal

• Prisca
    Prisca

RDW,

I can relate to your experience. My father started to shun me 15 yrs ago (non-JW reasons but he has been a JW for the past 50yrs). At one stage, I hadn't seen him for 10 years. I'd find out he and his wife would pass through the towns my sister and I live in, yet not contact either of us. The only contact we had were on his terms. We would only contact each other when it was absolutely necessary, usually for family business. When I left the Dubs I told him and I was subjected to a "last days" spiel, but since then I haven't heard from him.

My sister is still a staunch JW too, and our relationship has been affected by my leaving the Dubs. We can't talk about anything to do with Biblical matters (particularly JW stuff) otherwise we end up in a fight. So now we stick to everything else but, and we get on ok now.

I have some JW relatives but I've lost contact with them now. And my non-JW relatives I never really got to know as I was growing up, so I've never really known them.

And the rest of my family/relatives (including my mother) are all dead. It sucks being the youngest of your branch of your family tree.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

RDW,

my parents, sister, and brothers are all still in. but, i think there may be some changes soon. this is why i think that.

i have two younger brothers, 18 and 20. they were both born after i had left home and had two children of my own. well my children are now 18 and 23. but because i was always known to by brothers as disfellowshipped, we never really got to know each other. even though my children were the same age, none of us were allowed to communicate, except on a few rare occasions. anyway, this past summer, my children went back to the town my parents live in. i asked my children to stop by and visit my parents and brothers, (their grandparents) they didn't want to, because of course they don't know these people. but they agreed to do it. when they got home a few days later, they said," Mom, we don't know how to tell you this. but your brothers and parents are weird. they don't talk to each other, they are were never two of them in the same room at a time. one would come in and one would leave." .... but, this gave my children a chance to talk to each person seperately. lots of stuff i could tell you about here, but the one thing that sticks in my mind, is my children said that my youngest brother has a collection of naked pictures of his girlfriend, ninja stars, and swords or knifes.

something seems amiss

Lisa

• Dimples
    Dimples

The only ones that were witnesses in my family were my mother, 2 sisters, and my 2 children ( who were 5 and 13 at the time ). My father, husband and brother in laws were never involved. When I left everyone joined me, so I now have my WHOLE family back. Things are wonderful!!! We are so complete. Witnesses really seperate families, even though they claim they don't. LIARS!!!

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

My parents and three of my four sisters are still in the borganization. I have promised them that I am not a threat to their faith; I would rather have some communication with them then try to convince them they need to leave an organization they are happy with. Plus I believe someone who wants to leave usually has to take the first step on their own... they can't be forced out of the organization.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My mother and my brother's wife are in. It also looks like my niece and nephew are going along with the JWs as well, which is a shame. Thank god my brother's not one of them. He's the only normal person in my family. He's too perverted and loves alcohol too much to become a JW :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit