Baby Jesus

by ab.ortega 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/bible-lessons/baby-jesus/

What? Unbelievable. Never in a million years would I have thought they would publish something like this. I remember we weren't supposed to think of Jesus as a baby. Around Christmas time, people think of Jesus as a baby - but not JWs. Notice the article below. Maybe they will start celebrating Christmas again. hmmmm...Nah.

*** w04 11/1 p. 6 Who Is the Right Leader for Today? ***

One Truly Qualified to Lead

Two thousand years ago, an angel told a young Jewish woman named Mary: “You will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus. This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.” (Luke 1:31-33) Yes, Jesus of Nazareth is the King of Bible prophecy.

Religious artwork often portrays Jesus as a baby, as an undernourished weakling, or as an ascetic who passively submits to whatever befalls him. These images do not inspire confidence in him as Ruler. The real Jesus Christ of the Bible, however, grew up to be a vigorous, well-developed man full of zeal and initiative. And he possessed other traits that qualified him for leadership. (Luke 2:52) Following are a few aspects of his outstanding personality.

• sparky1
    sparky1

What is next? Photos of each Governing Body(tm) member as a baby? "Oh look, boys and girls.............here is a photo of Mark Sanderson as a newborn baby. Someday he will grow up to be a member of the Governing Body(tm) and when he dies he will rule as a KING with Jesus Christ. Is that wonderful!!!"

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega

Very creative sparky1. I love it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Bad art . . .

When I tried out for the art department, circa 1970, the art work was saturated color, of course, but well done. One sister did original oil paintings that served as the basis for the calendars, which I worked on.

They've come so far and gone downhill.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit