Organized Book Change

by thedepressedsoul 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I made this post yesterday. I couldn't remember my login info for this account.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6247826114740224/update-change-od-coming-soon

I don't have the exact info. Other than the CO's have received the updated change already so we should expect the actual copy to be updated soon.

It's a big enough change that the CO's had to be notified ahead of time on what the change was.

• blondie
    blondie

Maybe the COs will just read it to the elders without giving them a copy like the non-letter a few years ago about taking a blood transfusion no longer being a df'ing offense but an act of da'ing yourself.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I want to watch how I word things but the CO's will not be informing the elders first directly.

To me this would mean that the update could be told to the elders by letter & congregation announcement since they are both on the same form each month.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What are the changes?

They changed the baptism questions recently to remove any reference to the holy spirit. Will we ever find out what the true motivation for that bizarre alteration was? Watchtower changes comprise a varied mixture of the transparently self-serving and the entirely inscrutable.

So they probably need to change the baptism questions. I wonder what else.

• jp1692
    jp1692

My personal opinion is that sometimes they make changes simply to give the illusion of progress and that something is happening because clearly nothing really is in relation to “fulfillment of Bible Prophecy.”

How else could they maintain the fiction that “Jehovah’s chariot is on the move” when the scenery never changes?

• Listener
    Listener

How likely is it that the change will be about the database being fully launched?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

There are many revisions. They used to change the name. Rhe first i remember was your word is a lamp to my pathway.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

You got that right jp1692.... "the illusion of progress"

I love that.

How else could they maintain the fiction that “Jehovah’s chariot is on the move”

You summed that up perfectly

• sir82
    sir82

Here are the changes:

-- Inserted a statement indicating that the elders can inform new publishers and remind those approved for baptism that (1) the elders collect personal information on the Congregation’s Publisher Record (S-21) so that the organization can continue to care for the religious activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide and so that he may participate in spiritual activities and receive spiritual support and (2) any personal information is handled according to the Global Data Protection Policy of Jehovah’s Witnesses found on jw.org.

-- Inserted direction for the coordinator of the body of elders to ask the baptism candidate if he has made a personal dedication in prayer to Jehovah to do His will.

-- Inserted direction that when the baptism candidate is a minor, his believing parent(s) should be present for the sessions.

-- The number of sessions held with the baptism candidate to determine whether he qualifies for baptism has been reduced from three to two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit