CHRISTENDOM is doomed...........

by The Searcher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    ..........according to these WTBTS's literature quotes:

God’s Word is heavy with doom, announcing Christendom’s imminent destruction;

Christendom is a fake "kingdom of the heavens" and is full of badness;

Christendom, professing love for Jesus, actually rejects him;

When Christendom is wiped out, individuals in Christendom will not escape unless they forsake her.

Christendom deserves the coming destruction;

Keep preaching without letup about the destruction of Christendom;

Christendom’s clergy spearhead the persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses;

No wonder Christendom will soon come to her end;

Christianity was eclipsed by a counterfeit called Christendom;

Interestingly, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is a fully paid-up member of the Christendom club - according to every authoritative definition of the word "Christendom."

The term 'Christendom' is universally defined as, Christians collectively, the Christian world, Christianity - except by the WTBTS/Jehovah's Witnesses who translate it as being "all religions which claim to be Christian, but are false." J.W.'s claim that they are not part of Christendom.

Not only do they perversely translate wordings in the Bible, they also want to bastardize dictionary definitions.

Just a side issue - can a registered charity (in the U.K.) make such vitriolic statements about similar charities, with impunity? I've never heard Catholics or Mormons publicly say such nasty things about J.W.'s

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Finally! After some 150 years of talking, the end is finally at hand.

30,000 plus forms of Christianity and that guy Russell was the only one who got it right. Doing everything that a true Christian should. Doing everything that Jesus instructed and commanded us to do.

I for one, am so relieved!

• sir82
    sir82

For 130+ years, Christendom's end is coming "soon".

It just struck me - the term "Christendom", commonplace 100+ years ago, has become obsolete. When was the last time you heard or read the word "Christendom" outside of JW circles?

If you asked people on the street what "Christendom" means, 99+% would give you a blank stare and a shrug.

It's funny - the word "Christendom" died many decades ago, but JWs still preach about how "Christendom" will "soon" be destroyed.

The word was destroyed long before what it represents was!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

My wife was a little surprised to hear the word "Christendom" used in the movie A Knight's Tale (I think it was used in John Boorman's Excalibur, too, but I'm not sure), but I told her that they originally thought it up, not JWs.

Credit where credit's due, though... JWs are doing their level best to keep the label alive, so I suppose they're free to use it however the hell they want... :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "...can a registered charity (in the U.K.) make such vitriolic statements about similar charities, with impunity?"

That is a very pertinent question.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ Vidiot - Isn't it inciting hatred?

After all calling every religion in Christendom "apostate" is a pejorative and derogatory slur.

Would the WTBTS apply such language to Islam? (silly me, rhetorical question!)

May the U.K.C.C. would be interested.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "...Would the WTBTS apply such language to Islam?"

As if they'd have the balls.

And they're too scared of being labeled "anti-Semitic" to overtly criticize Judaism.

The only reason they have the courage to lob rotten eggs at "Christendom" is because - frankly - mainstream Christianity is too mature to get uptight about it.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"Babylon The Great Has Fallen Gods Kingdom Rules" published in 1963 spoke of the demise of Christendom in 1918-19 ? and it was just a matter of a short time before it went off into destruction ? along with all other false religions ,including Islam .

If Jesus has been sitting on his Kingly throne since 1914 , he better take his finger out , it`s now 2016 .

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

It IS doomed. Not by any god, but by the thinking, rational man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit