Ex JW Reddit numbers going crazy

by Crazyguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I don't know what the membership increase is like here but over at Reddit their getting 20 plus newbies daily if not more. It's crazy how much thier growing 2000 or more since I signed up and that wasn't that long ago. Looks like the loyalty conventions didn't stem the tide. I believe they got over 30 newbies just today.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

It looks like typically 2 or 3 sign up a day, judging from the last few days. However, I don't think you can compare, because that site is for a different genre (less interested in any lengthy debates), and seems to have a lot more young people.

Some don't seem to post anything. I first signed up to this site years ago, with a cool username, and never posted a thing. (Someone else here, uses that username, now). It took me a while to have the courage to post anything.

Perhaps large numbers are signing up because Flodin recently warned about apostate websites. It would be interesting to see if it continues at that rate, because if 20 people are signing up per day, that is 7200 per year. And if only 1 in 10 people who visit the site, sign up, that would indicate potentially 1% of publishers around the planet are checking these sites out, in any given year. I suspect Simon would know more about what is going on, how many "hits" etc.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If it`s true , great , if its just wishful thinking ? great , but heading in that right direction.

Time will tell.

• crazy_flickering_light
  • Listener
    Listener

I get the impression that there are a lot of users who register more than once. Some posters will be open about this.

This is from a poster today -

<<PS Speaking of not using your real name, I might change mine here soon. I'm growing a bit paranoid...>>

No doubt, there would be a number of posters that feel the same after the latest Convention.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Awake! 22 June 1963 pages 3 and 4

Quantity or Quality - Which?

Quantity or quality - which impresses you most? Fallen human nature is prone to be impressed by quantity rather than by quality. Superlatives as to size or number may appeal to inherent selfishness in man. But quantity is not everything......

link to scan

link to scan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "...over at Reddit their getting 20 plus newbies daily..."

This happens here from time to time, too.

Usually after a fresh batch of "New Light". :smirk:

• millie210
    millie210

I love looking at those old scans Darkspilver, thanks for posting them!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The site over there has just gone over 10,000 some thing like 300 plus newbies just this week! There is a ex elder Polish guy that started another subreddit page a ask me anything page and he's been getting tons of action. I think this has possibly led to more people signing up this week. It's all good news, exposing the cult for what it really is.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi millie210!

I love looking at those old scans Darkspilver, thanks for posting them!

thanks - I like the graphics they used and the layouts, all done old school - and the page fillers, like the parallelogram layout above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit