Good news to Judgement message?

by punkofnice 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I noticed in the 'bunker video(tm)' from the latest a$$emb£y/CON-vention whatever it's called, that the patronising bloke with the greasy hair, said that the great tribulation(tm) started after their message changed from good news to judgement (I think he did, anyway).

Does the watchtower corporation really think that anyone listens to their propaganda?

Do they really think they are able to stand behind a trolley and give a message of judgement?

How do they think the message will change?

Too many questions around how they have an overbloated view of themselves. Don't they realise that no one is interested in their crappy messages, let alone has a desire to persecute them.

After all, why kill the JWs. We need someone to clean our windows and deliver the milk!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I could be wrong but I don't think they have any intention of changing the message. I think they like to just give little tidbits of details about what the GT will be like (and done in a way that requires no citing of scriptures) so that the members will get excited and it will make things seem more real to them. A specific future threat creates more fear than a vague one.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What's funny also is in all the years I went door knocking no one who ever heard of a JW even knew what our message was. They knew we didn't celebrate holidays or we didn't take blood or thought we didn't believe in Jesus but nothing of the JW message of thier good news.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My neighbor of 3 years thought we were Jewish, so......

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Jehovahs Witnesses -- Biggest PR Failure in the past 100 Years

Doc

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

And on that note, is the good news that I will live on earth for a thousand years if I become a JW?

...and won't I live on the earth as a resurrected non-JW whether I join them or not? If that is the case, why become a JW?

I still don't understand what the good news is if the result is the same

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Yes, what IS the message from JWs? It really isn't anything of value to anyone. They could talk about ironing boards and no one would listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit