You Have Left Me

by compound complex 10 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex
    You have left me.

It may as well be the moon where you have taken up residence.

I gaze upon beauty supernal -- heaven's vault -- and imagine you there, on the moon, a speck upon the bright and glassy plate of a night sky. Strange, however, that you never left your room nor shut the door. It was the portal to your mind and heart that closed . . slowly . . . unseen by all who love you.

I think back to those joyous, sunny days that became dark so gradually. No one noticed the sun turned black, the wind gone cold. You slipped away and were locked up within the jail of your mind . . . and that of your once pure heart.

No one can breach the chasm and prove himself your savior.
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

A poet's mind is on the loose

a golden egg laid by the goose

he's looking at the moon again

don't take away his poet pen

• compound complex
    compound complex

-- for nancy drew

• compound complex
    compound complex

I talk to you, just like old times, reminiscing about our love and our heartbreak and our happier moments together.

The old club chair, near the window that gives onto the shaded terrace, is shabbily comfortable and fits in all the right places. I stare at you, you -- the woman whose face stopped passersby on the street in their tracks.

That countenance has gone rigid, its eyes staring blankly at nothing through mullioned panes . . .

Where, my love, have you gone?

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It's quiet on the plains in Spain

Oh will it rain Oh will it rain

She gazes through her mullioned pane

and drinks a glass of fine champagne

His heartbreak she does not embrace

It's written on her ridged face

He rises from his easy chair

bedeviled by her hardened stare

• compound complex
    compound complex

So very good, Nancy!

I was inspired by the new movie, YOUTH, to write the second piece. Michael Caine, Jane Fonda . . .

Best

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I was inspired by the mullioned pane

• compound complex
    compound complex

That you were!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I FEEL A SADNESS so deep that friends wonder
    why both art and blinds remain undrawn.

Long gone the muse who promised me solace
    while guys played ball and climbed tall trees.

A blank canvas before me demands,
    "Here's your life; where's it gone?"

'Tis far too late to be what I
    might have been . . .

-- THE SAD POET

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Compound and complex " I feel a sadness so deep that friends wonder why both art and blinds remain undrawn"

The Rebel. Maybe it's because we live in a room with the blinds down and the lights on. Once or twise, perhaps , it is granted us to switch the lights off and open the blinds. Then for a moment the darkness outside becomes the brightness, and the blinds can be opened. Yet only occassionally in life do moments come when we can switch the light off and open the blinds....these are the moments the " SAD POET" can be found in " happiness"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit