Please Keep Your Religion Out Of My Mouth

by OnTheOutside 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheOutside
    OnTheOutside

I came across this article about a dental technician forcing her religion down a patient's throat (literally). Turns out the technician is a JW. It would appear she can count her time preaching to a captive audience and being paid on the job. Win-win for her. The article is written by the patient, a lesbian mother, from her viewpoint of the experience.

https://www.scarymommy.com/keep-your-religion-out-of-my-mouth/

• Overrated
    Overrated

The lady who was getting a cleaning should complain to the dental office management.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Did the patient give any indication that she was not ok with the apparently one-sided discussion? Did she give some what might appear as initial indication that she was?

There might have been some miscues here. And dental instruments do not remain in a patient's mouth throughout a cleaning. There is always time to interject a "not interested in religion" message. Here's one..."What do you think about Trump not admitting his obvious defeat?"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I always thought it was unethical of me to preach my religious views to people when I was working, and in certain other situations where it would put them in an embarrassing situation where they had to tell me to can it.

I felt that if I knocked on someone's door uninvited then they had the freedom to say what they wanted, and not feel awkward about it.

Of course many people over the years asked me about my beliefs when I was working, as they knew I was a JW , so then I it was O.K.by me.

This J.W obviously cares more about her Reported Time than about people.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I remember a few taxi drivers over the years, who used unpleasently loud gospel music as a means to start a religious conversation. I was later told they could get into trouble if I called the office and complained but of course as a strong free speech believer, I did not do that. I told them to turn down the volume and we talked

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do believe in freedom of speech, but forcing a religious sermon on someone while they are getting a dental cleaning is not part of that. I wonder what would happen if this dental hygienist would get a seminar on Satanism when they had a dental procedure done--a root canal would be a perfect time for that. Or, having a lecture on astrology. Or, having someone singing Christmas carols during said root canal. Or a lecture on patriotism.

Freedom of religion is also part of that amendment, and I expect my freedom to not have any xian religion to be respected as much as people have the right to free speech. If you wish to give a sermon on your religion, do it at your church or on a forum dedicated to these religions, or even on the streets where people can ignore you freely. But not while you have your victim sitting in your dentist's chair or doctor's office undergoing a procedure or checkup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit