Where Did God Create Man? Did Man Originate In Africa?

by Latin assassin from Manhattan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

Hi Everyone!

I recently saw 'The Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey' on Public TV. Spencer Wells, a geneticist has been able to prove that all human races originated in Africa. Along with this documentary, he has published several scientific papers and a book on this subject. I don't know if anyone saw it, but the following link will give you some good info and an interview with Spencer:

http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/releases/m7442.html

If his findings are correct, this could have serious implications on the theological version of creation. After all, Jews, Muslims and Christians believe that man originated somewhere in the Middle East. The Bible does not give an exact location, but the few references it makes do not lead anywhere near Africa.

Do you remember reading the WT publication: Life: How did it get here? By evolution or by creation? Did anyone find it's explanation of creation valid?

If Adam and Eve were created by God, where did they live? Were they African? If man did originate in Africa, why does the Bible say otherwise? If man was created by God in Africa, was this fact hidden by the early translators of the Bible?

• rem
    rem

The flood spread out the fossils from the Middle East and moved them to Africa, you dummy.

rem

• Satanus
    Satanus

Man out of africa is not a new theory. It has been at least since the time of the leakeys doing human fossil excavations in africa. Genetic research has pointed in the same direction. Of course, information is always subject to enterpretation.

SS

• Panda
    Panda

Yeah I saw that program. But the theory that humans evolved out of Africa is not new. Because Africa is such a stable continent primates had the time to become human. And our closest great ape cousins are still there hopefully reminding us of who and what we really are, animals. And the amazing finds both previously and today are almost right on the surface. How fantastic to see tv shows lawding the out of Africa evolution instead of trying to give equal time to some nonsense on creation(which is psuedo science).

I remember that Evolution or Creation book. Every psuedo scientific "proof" in that book is easily tossed. The problem though is getting the borg to even consider that WTS has printed falsehoods. Today people believe in Creation because it's too upsetting to consider being just like every other living creature.

Jane Goodall once said that (I paraphrase) now that we understand our close relationship to Chimpanzees it's time to consider how we treat them and their habitats. She asked how would our lives be if we were stuck in metal cages and experimented on our whole lives?

Evolution is such an exciting field of study. Many universities have web sites devouted to the science of evolution. I get loads of info that way.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    If his findings are correct, this could have serious implications on the theological version of creation. After all, Jews, Muslims and Christians believe that man originated somewhere in the Middle East. The Bible does not give an exact location, but the few references it makes do not lead anywhere near Africa.

These findings shouldn't have the tiniest impact on "the theological version of creation". Anybody who believes the Genesis account doesn't care about evidence. New findings aren't going to shake their belief any more than other findings from the last century and a half.

Do you remember reading the WT publication: Life: How did it get here? By evolution or by creation? Did anyone find it's explanation of creation valid?

Unfortunately, yes. Lots of people did. But it's not valid. It makes ludicrous claims that cannot be defended by anyone who really cares about truth and is willing to investigate.

If Adam and Eve were created by God, where did they live? Were they African? If man did originate in Africa, why does the Bible say otherwise? If man was created by God in Africa, was this fact hidden by the early translators of the Bible?

There is no way of reconciling an account that claims humans were created from dust 6,000 years ago with the observed evidence. You can pick one or the other, revelation or reality, but not both.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    was this fact hidden by the early translators of the Bible?

You will find that a lot has been hidden by the early translators of the bible.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

You're right Hamas; add this to the fact that clearly large parts of it were made up, and you have people trying to put spin into their translations of someone else's religio-poltical pamphleteering.

Of course, it's still a reliable guide for life...

• lurk
    lurk

in a meeting once i said that the genesis story was obviously more like a parable /a story that represented some past historical event .and wasnt literal ..cause if adam and eve ate from every tree except the tree of knowledge of good and evil...well then they must have been eating from all the rest of the trees including the tree of life........the fact that they were immortal at that point then became mortal and were removed from the tree of life ......is more like a parable thats making a point not literal.
    bet you can guess what ppls faces looked like and what happened next

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit