The Sealing of the 144,000

by BroRando 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• vienne
    vienne

BroRando is speculating in a way the Governing Body would disapprove. He is, at the very least, full of hot air, and at worst an apostate. Welcome to the great apostasy, Rando.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Jesus as God’s firstborn, would have been personally sealed by his Father during his ministry on earth (John 6:27). Afterwards his intimate disciples, including Paul, were to be sealed (2 Cor. 1:21, 22; Eph. 1:13; 4:30).The sealing of the rest of the 144000 is a future event. This we see from the context. Rev. 6:12-17 discusses the breaking of the sixth seal. Next chapter discusses the sealing of the 144000. Note how the next chapter starts. The transition is introduced by the Greek phrase Καὶ μετὰ τοῦτο (Rev. 7:1 Tischendorf’s New Testament, 8th edition; cf. NA28 footnote), “and after this,” “this” referring to the breaking of the sixth seal, specifically the kings of the earth and their followers, finding refuge in their underground shelters. Rev. 7:3 also indicates it's a future event. But before they can be sealed the twelve tribes of Israel have to be gathered. Funny thing is, the Governing Body and their so-called anointed brothers/sisters claim to be both the sealed ones as well as the twelve tribes of (spiritual) Israel. How does that work?

• BroRando
    BroRando

Rocketman123,

In regards to the 144,000 being all male virgins, the scriptures give us some more details. Remember, besides the Apostles, Jesus had many disciples and a good number of them were women.

...and your point ?

BroRando you've prove no point so far with your quoted scriptures concerning the 144,000 and the JWS's interpretation of the 144,000

My point is that the 144,000 are also called the Bride of Christ.

For I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, for I personally promised you in marriage to one husband that I might present you as a chaste virgin to the Christ. (2 Corinthians 11:2)

The 144,000

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Bro Rondo:

Here's a few more scriptures:The Corinthian Congregation weren't all male virgins were they??

Funny how you're willing to make abstruse connections with a separate book of the Bible but the JW interpretation ignores what is directly stated about the 144,000 and the "great crowd" in Revelation.

Considering the following questions, simply answer from what the Bible actually says, without getting concerned whether any 'fulfilments' are 'literal' or 'symbolic'. Rather than re-assert your own interpretation, consider whether your interpretation is actually consistent with the Bible.

From where are the 144,000 taken? Revelation 7:4-8. (Answer: the tribes of Israel.)

What mark would the 144,000 be given? Revelation 7:3-4; 14:1. (Answer: God's seal on their foreheads.)

For how long would the 144,000 rule? Revelation 22:4-5. (Answer: those with God's seal on their foreheads rule as kings forever.)

From where are the "great crowd" taken, and where are they? Revelation 7:9; 4:2. (Answer: they are taken from all the nations, and they are before the throne in heaven.)

Which group would rule as priests, and for how long? Revelation 5:9-10; 20:6. (Answer: the "great crowd" from all the nations rules for 1,000 years.)

When would those who rule as kings and priests be resurrected? Revelation 20:2-5. (Answer: at the beginning of the 1,000 years, after Satan is abyssed.)

The JW interpretation doesn't resemble what is given in the Bible at all. It is just a cherry-picking mess.

• BroRando
    BroRando

The Sealing of the 144,000 happens before Christ Millennial Reign begins silly, not after. That is why I am announcing it.

"The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name." (Rev 3:12)

Take Care.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Revelation 7 :4 ......And I heard the number of the ones who were sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel.

So the 144,000 have already been selected and chosen.

JWS version is self glorification via apostasy

Shame on you Rando, I hope god forgives you.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The JWS religion is made up of twisted apostasy throughout many of its established doctrines.

• BroRando
    BroRando

Not yet Rocketman123 but it's coming to a finish . Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Do you Remember the title of this forum? A good number of prophecies were reveled a day for a year, but this one is a day for a thousand years.

How long is the the Day of Christ? You are already listed it was 1,000 years and don't even know it.

Read the explanation how Christ's Return Manifest in three stages.

• BroRando
    BroRando

A few more scriptures: "Do you not know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that the spirit of God dwells in you? (1 Corinthians 3:16)

The Apostle Peter also referred to the temple by stating, "As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but chosen, precious to God, you yourselves as living stones are being built up into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, in order to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:4-5)

If anyone destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is holy, and you are that temple." (1 Corinthians 3:17)

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Do you Remember the title of this forum? A good number of prophecies

were reveled a day for a year, but this one is a day for a thousand years.

JWS is a religion built upon false prophecies / apostasy built around the endeavor of literature proliferation.

Pulling scriptures randomly out your ass like you do doesn't support what the bible says or the interpretations the WTS make..

You've been obviously brainwashed and mentally manipulated.

You've been exploited to preach a commercialized false Gospel of Jesus .

You wont find the truth through the Watchtower Corporation, you've find the truth here and other places which openly examine the JWS doctrines.

People like myself who spent 20+ years being JWS know this with unwavering confidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit