Are Witnesses really "Bible Students"?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes they are because none can ever graduate!
    Students are the best you could call them. Go over the same crap every week, and almost none of them could stand up against any one who really knows the bible.

• sir82
    sir82

However, very, very, very nice individuals in an idealistic way of life.

Tell them you think the GB cannot possibly be the "brothers of Christ", that they are not the "faithful and discreet slave".

Then tell me how very, very, very nicely they treat you.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

as witnesses we were "sincere bible students".... Carefully examining the scriptures.

No JWs are controlled and designed sales representatives for the Watchtower Publishing house and they exploited and coerced to promote the doctrines the WTS. create.

So they aren't really true bible students, they are students and learners of the WTS doctrines . which have been devised and concocted to attract attention to the public by falsely commercializing the Gospel of Jesus Christ..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Stuckinarut2 - "Are Witnesses really 'Bible Students'?"

Not for a long, long time.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

They are watchtower students

Witnesses have an eisegesis approach to the bible which makes their understanding an absolute joke.

On the other hand exegesis is an attempt to determine the historical context within which a particular verse exists – the so-called "Sitz im Leben" or life setting.

they ignore everything but what they want to get out of the text, 2+2=5 if you will.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

No.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

As a non JW, I can't even begin to tell you how hard it is to do comparison scriptures with my JW friends to have real discussions. No matter how humbly I approach, there is a wall I have a tough time penetrating.

I know they're told everyone is wrong over and over so as I approach, i feel like their ears switch to Charlie Brown teacher mode and their comprehension levels plummet.

Its so frustrating.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The JWs aren't bible students, they're Watchtower students.

'Hating' of JWs as a whole not justified by the doings of a crummy few - yes, most JWs are nice people.

The problem is that the crummy few are people at the top, holding positions of responsibility and trust.

It's the religion that's mad and dangerous, not necessarily individual JWs, many of whom are no doubt nice, decent people.

Oops, didn't read FMF's post. He nailed it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When JWs knock on my door and I ask who they are..

JWs claim they`re "Bible Students",there`s No Mention of being JWs..

.........................Image result for lying to your face

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

The JWs aren't bible students, they're Watchtower students.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit