Figuring out a relative who is quite high up in wt world

by joe134cd 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I was just thinking about a relative who is quite high up in wt world. She is a university graduated accountant, who I know has worked on various projects for wt around the world.

My question is, with all the goings on in wt world, what must be going through her head. How does she make sense of it. With my relatives, who are just R&F JWs, its very easy to pass it all off as apostate driven lies. However, with the position that she is in, and the knowledge that she would have it becomes a lot harder to explain it like this. She would almost be forced to accept that there are valid reasons for all these sell offs, merges etc.

Although I have never discussed this with her she seems to be pretty unfazed by it all. When she returns to her home country she seems just as Uber as ever. I just don’t get it.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The world of JWs and ex-JWs needs someone exactly in her position to wake up and become a whistleblower.

• trillaz
    trillaz

She probably thinks of her WT assignments as blessings without having to go into detail about the financial struggles the society is bound to have. If she got to pay for her own trips, even better!

• millie210
    millie210

I wonder if part of it is just simple immersion. The being absolutely soaked in watchtower dogma and the fact that it is served up like an IV infusion, continuously and insidiously, drip...drip...drip...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit