2022 Letter Requesting Child Labor for WT Property Maintenance

by Smiles 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

Was a letter read to all congregations requesting parents with children volunteer together to perform maintenance labour at WT properties?

Can anyone confirm?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I spaced outxsnd missed the start. What I got was a family to maintain kingdom halls. Training provided if needed. I think the family part is to get enough bodies that are following isolation protocols. The last instructions were to not have people from different households being together.

I used to enjoy working with dad, and later my son. Better than DTD.

New pilot programs for returning to halls. I was hoping they failed. Meanwhile covid is running rampant according to the statements after meeting. No hospitalizations and takes from a few days to a few weeks to heal. Same bs, different source.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Thanx RTN. So WT spent $229 million in 2021 keeping circuit managers comfortable but asks parents to volunteer children for maintainance tasks at WT owned kingdom hall church properties?

Surely WT has the best interest of children at heart, and would never have corporate motives in using free child labor to reduce operating costs.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Smiles:

Please see this page which was translated from Spanish to English.

Some translators will translate the start of a paragraph like this.

one
    two
    Four

Look at paragraph ( one) ).

Click the image to make it larger.

Atlantis!
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

If anyone wants the entire letter just click the link. You can see at the very top of page one the translation website name, where it was translated from Spanish to English.

Grandpa!
  • Smiles
    Smiles

Thanx Gramps. I saw the letter you uploaded today. WT is deperate to secure its next generation.

And it seems we may have a pouting PIMI circuit manager disliking comments on this topic...

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Smiles:

Yes, that is the opinion of many people. The Tower is desperate and even letting sisters carry the microphones, and stand at the back of a KH and count how many are there. These were responsibilities only brothers could perform in the old days.

Some people are saying that the Tower will come out with "new-light" and start appointing sisters as elders. I am not sure if I could believe that rumor or not. But they are going to have to do something.

The Old-Timer! ( Yes, Moses and I were drinking buddies! )

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sisters? When I was a young boy I was asked to help the Literature servant. At the time she was a sister…. And did it very well. There were not enough brothers in our small cong.

Youngsters at K. Hall maintenance? Pre covid the locals were told to have a maintenance weekend when they would spruce it up. A few years back fathers would bring along their boys who mucked in. Later though for “ health and safety “ the work was limited to smaller teams of capable men.

Are they going backwards?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

BluesBrother:

And we had a sister who was a study conductor in our home. She was very qualified and wore a nice head-covering. In fact, a lot of people thought that she was more qualified than some of the ministerial servants. ( This was back in the 1950's )

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit