Can everyone agree on an anti-Watchtower definition?

by WireRider 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WireRider
    WireRider

I would like to see a unified effort from those that have defected. Certainly there are exceptional, very legitimate, detailed experiences from a few. What about the regulars that chose to leave? I would like to publish it with your input paring it down to a paragraph or two.

I personally do not see the Watchtower as a Religion. It is a niche product that the Watchtower used to sell printing material and build an empire. Cult subservients, that are required to go door-to-door, enslave others are comically referred to as a rank of "publishers", who are required to file time sheets (NO religions do that) to the Watchtower to somehow prove themselves to human slaves. As I recall, Israel fled those conditions. It has been filled with lying, cheating, and deliberately and knowingly false statements and publications. The foundation is a firm believer in Arias that was kicked of the Bible counsel in 320AD. Charles Russell is a former Millerite/Adventist that carried forward very false dire death/destruction beliefs that have failed a dozen times. His claim of the end of the world was based upon pagan measurements of a pyramid.

Based upon all the experience here I would like to come up with a statement - instead of just griping about it. Perhaps an objective "definition" of the Watchtower, and a well formed letter of beliefs and concepts that can be very openly sent to EVERYONE.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

.......and after that can we solve the middle east crisis?

Seriously though, although the debate would be good I feel that one of our strengths is that, unlike the wtbts, we don't have to agree on anything. But please feel free to disagree with me.

SF

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I personally do not see the Watchtower as a Religion. It is a niche product that the Watchtower used to sell printing material and build an empire.

Of course it's a religion, every religion sells something. You keep trying to discredit the Watchtower as Christian and now as a religion of any sort - why?

Are you familiar with the No True Scotsman fallacy Wirerider?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wirerider - "I would like to see a unified effort from those that have defected."

I would like to see a successful attempt at herding cats.

Pretty sure it ain't gonna happen, though.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WR: I would like to come up with ... a well formed letter of beliefs and concepts that can be very openly sent to EVERYONE.

And the good news of what the WTBTS really is will be mailed to all then inhabited earth, and then the end will come, soon, ... very, very soon. - Matthew 24:14 (nRNWT 2.0)

And what will you call YOUR religion?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Actually, I don't believe they are Christian - at least they don't believe in the central tenets of the Christian faith.

And they have the cheek to call other faith's 'so - called Christians'. Humnph. Sassa frassin'....

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't believe they are Christian - at least they don't believe in the central tenets of the Christian faith.

What are the central tenets of the Christian faith? What authority decides which doctrine is central or not? If the Bible is claimed as the final authority, which version? Whose interpration of that version . . . and on, and on.

• jhine
    jhine
    Saltheart , I disagree with you giving me permission to disagree with you . Jan
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Perhaps an objective "definition" of the Watchtower

...........................WATCHTARDED
    .............Image result for Watchtower stephen lett

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Are you familiar with the No True Scotsman fallacy Wirerider?

The "no true Scotsman" fallacy is certainly alive and kicking when it comes to Islamic extremism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit