Bethelite viewers: Ever thought of this?

by BoogerMan 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

In the NWT, Revelation 5:10 is worded thus: “and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

However, in the original Greek, (Kingdom Interlinear Translation) it is more accurately translated as, “and you made them to the God of us kingdom and priests, and they are reigning upon the earth.” (several scriptures validate the location as being earth)

The wording of 1 Peter 2:9, 10 in the NWT confirms the accuracy of the K.I.T. by not inserting the word 'king:' “But you are “a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies” of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 For you were once not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not been shown mercy, but now you have received mercy.”

The org claims that the ones being spoken of in Revelation are 144,000 humans who have been resurrected to heaven and have become not just priests, but king/priests.

However, Peter clearly describes these ones as becoming a 'people,' not a crowd of immortal super-human spirits. Oh,oh!

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

I think you are correct booger

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I always found it interesting that they were willing to publish the interlinear version, considering that it would point out a lot of places where their interpretation seemed at odds with the original text. It is a testament to how firmly they control the flock- they really never worried that people would make a big deal out of it, so they could confidently bully or DF the small number who might try.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

(Matthew 20:28) ...to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many.”

What does a ransom buy back? Exactly what was lost.

(Luke 19:10) "For the Son of man came to seek and to save what was lost.”

What exactly did Adam & Eve lose?

(1 Timothy 2:6) ….who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all. (not just 144k)

Does adding 144,000 immortal spirit king/priests correspond to Adam's loss?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit