Changes in the last 7-ish years?

by FinchAndWeston 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    D2D work has been almost wiped out where I live in a suburb of London, makes sense with the reduction of the WT/Awake mag and since the introduction of carts, I've seen them once recently on D2D for the first time in many years but I believe it was the build up to the memorial I do see them sometimes walking around the neighbourhood but it only seems to be on RV's. Increasing apathy from the R&F declining meeting attendances, congs being merged and liquidated,meetings reduced and you see a burnt out,demotivated,bored workforce.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I think to sum it all up in a few words I'd say the JW religion is now much more about show and much less about substance. Basically, they're all about how they're perceived. Fancy magazines and publications that contain little to no substantial religious dogma. Lots and lots of videos that give the illusion they're a "modern" religion, but again there's no substance in them, just cheap indoctrination for the feeble minded and small children. Fancy stands and carts for the public to see. The JW logo plastered everywhere. Using all kinds of media. Even fancy looking store like places in some countries. To put it differently, if in the past the JW cult amounted in their religious dogma to the equivalent of a pie, now they amount to a really small, apparently fancy and expensive cookie.
  • Terry
    Terry

The Emperor has new "clothes" and we see right through it. It is easy for Ex-JW's to detect disturbances in the Force. We know what we were taught and believed back then and see what has changed again and again.

But know Ye this!
    Inside the duck pond, nary a ripple or wave is felt.

A cult is a carefully maintained Status Quo atmosphere like a Greenhouse for mindless plants. Except in the case of Kingdom Hall environments, the Elders are the gardeners weeding out trouble, insubordination, and independent thought.

Have you heard the expression, "The more things change, the more they remain the same?" Well, this is only true for JW's when it comes to mind-control. Jehovah's Witnesses are conditioned--brainwashed if you like--to see all change as progress (i.e. Light).

The Borg-like bond of controlled minds maintains and supports the illusion of constant improvement, like the old adage for Self-Help:

"Every day in every way, I grow better and better."

That's the soil of the J-Dub's mind. It's only getting better!
    Once you are outside the greenhouse of thought crime and punishment, you see just how much fertilizer from the GB has paralyzed the awakening of critical thought.

This world is ending "soon" and that's all that matters.

• FinchAndWeston
    FinchAndWeston
    thanks guys!
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Other changes= God where do I start. Everything from National Flags been placed in KH to jailhouse rock been sung in th KH. Bethelites getting jigy to Pharrell Williams. Kingdom Halls looking like an office buildings. Kingdom songs that are a knock off of jurassic park and lion king. Internet is ok and cell phones are cool, hip and are no longer deemed as not making wise use of your time. This is just a few things that 10 years ago would of almost seemed feeding off the table of demons. Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit