1) They still shun. I think they now make the same announcement whether one DAs or is DFed. What is "A"?
2) As far as I know they do, but it's nothing like it used to be. It is feeble, weak, and wimpy. Whereas, in the past, some JWs loved challenges, it seems that now they most run from challenges. JWs seem to lack the knowledge, boldness, and even intelligence that they once had, and it seems to be getting worse. The door-to-door work doesn't seem to be emphasized as much to me. They now use smart phones and tablets in service, showing online videos to householders. It kind of seems like they're going back to the really old days whey they used phonographs at doors.
3) It's relatively new, and it's a total waste of time. I think JWs just stand or sit at them and count time without talking to people and placing very little literature. I don't think all JWs get one. Maybe somebody can provide some detail on that. Maybe it's just pioneers? Maybe they have to ask the service overseer or something like that? I believe those at the stands are instructed to not try to witness, but to place literature. In fact, to me, that seems to be the general trend. I think the org now realizes that JWs can't answer questions and defend their doctrine, so the org higher-ups want them to just place literature and play videos so they won't be exposed to opposition and have their eyes opened.
4) Yeah, that translation is a couple of years old. They bragged for years about how great the old one was; if it was so great, why did they so drastically change it?
5) The faithful and discreet used to be all the anointed on earth at any given time. It is now just the governing body. I think they made that doctrinal change because some of the other (so-called) anointed were complaining, questioning, giving unwanted input, etc., so the GB basically fired them. The other anointed now have no more say-so than a pimple-faced microphone carrier. The GB have all power.
Do you know about the change concerning the word "generation" (Mt 24:34)? If not, let us know.