Mama Jackson Cashes in Ice Cream Money

by OrphanCrow 8 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Michael Jackson's estate sells stake in Sony/ATV music catalogue for $750M

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/sony-michael-jackson-music-catalog-1.3491828

Michael Jackson's estate has agreed to sell its remaining stake in a lucrative music catalogue to Sony Corp. for $750 million US, the entities announced Monday.
    The agreement for Jackson's half-share of the Sony/ATV Music Publishing catalogue will give the company sole ownership of works by The Beatles, Bob Dylan and other hit making musicians, including Eminem and Taylor Swift.
    The deal is another posthumous blockbuster deal for Jackson, whose estate has erased the singer's massive debts through a mixture of new music and movie ventures and re-releases of the singer's most popular music.
    Jackson's estate benefits his mother and three children, known as Prince, Paris and Blanket.

Read full article at link

I notice that Mama Jackson, an active Jehovah's Witness, receives part of the benefit of this estate sale. I was curious as to how much she would get so I looked up what her share of the estate was. She gets 40 percent of Michael's estate.

Jackson's 23-page document shows that the singer left 40 per cent of his $300million estate to his children, 40 per cent to his mother Katherine and 20 per cent to charity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1282637/Michael-Jacksons-children-receive-33m-singers-will.html#ixzz431XLNDp5

A 40 percent share of 750 million dollars is 300 million. Woot toot!

I wonder if Mama Jackson is going to put her ice cream money into the Watchtower coffers and donate at the very least, 10 percent of her treat money to them. Which would be a 30 million dollar windfall for Mama's favorite charity. Win win - a tax write off.

(Simon, we could really do with a money emoticon...dollar signs *insert here*...lots of them)

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Heck, if kids are supposed to give up their ice cream money, she should give it all. The "end" is imminent and all she needs in sustenance and covering.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Is this what you had in mind, OrphanCrow?

• sparky1
    sparky1

Grandma, we're in for some REAL ICE CREAM now!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thanks Sparky.

Those are...ummm...a little LARGE, but they will do. And wow...they dance.

:)

And o geez...I wonder if Grandma is gonna pressure the young uns to give their ice cream money to the paradise and panda factory too? Just like Sophie.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    OrphanCrpw: 💰💰💵💵 Emoji should work on most platforms. You don't see these: 💰💰💰💵💵💵 ?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    cappy: OrphanCrpw: 💰💰💵💵 Emoji should work on most platforms. You don't see these: 💰💰💰💵💵💵 ?

Nope...no idea what you mean. I am clueless.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

OrphanCrow: This is what it looks like on my end...Must be a mac thing.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Oh...I can see them. I just have no clue how you put them there. I don't have a mac.

Maybe only mac owners have money bags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit