NEW BLOOD CARD w/ FORCED COMPLIANCE also LEGALISM

by apocalypse 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• apocalypse
    apocalypse
    Crazyguyan hour ago

"I think this is designed to relieve them of being sued by family after the victim dies. People who know ttatt and apostates that still have to go can just sign all the bull crap then throw thier card away."

Ah... no... If a copy is on file with the congo, then you cannot just throw it away dude. It'll show up at the damned hospital via the HLC... you understand that....no?

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    But surely you can refuse to have a copy kept with the elders?
  • Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    This is real.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

This closes all the loopholes. If you don't provide them a copy, they'll take it upon themselves to make sure you fill it out. And yes, the HLC Gestapo will show up at the hospital to make sure you comply or are summarily DF'd.

If you refuse to fill it out, you will also be summarily DF'd as an apostate.

Just hope you never need a transfusion. Wow am I glad I faded.

This just screams CULT.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The one document suggests you keep a copy of the form with your Will.

I can think of only one reason to do this... To inform your lawsuit seeking non JW relatives of your directive.

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

There has never previously been any requirement that copies of the card be submitted to witnesses and/or the BoE.

This is new and very concerning for the secretly-awakened, still active JW patient who wants to maintain his/her standing in the congregation while preserving his/her freedom to exercise confidential choice with regard to consent to/refusal of blood transfusion--without judicial interference and repercussions.

Something ominous is afoot.

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972 - 2/2001

• sir82
    sir82

OK, going with the idea that it is real....

My work VPN prevents access to the sites where the letter and document are stored.

Is there any consequence spelled out for refusing to fill it out? Loss of privileges, etc.?

Just wondering how on earth this would be enforced.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    As a reminder, you should provide copies of your completed Advance Decision document to (1) those who served as witnesses, (2) your General Practitioner (doctor), and (3) your congregation secretary.

This is coercion. Someone saying no to this instruction (not giving a copy of his ADD to the secretary), will be deemed week/not in good standing. Sure its not written word for word in the letter, but we know full well that this is what it is. Hence, privileges such as holding the mic, pioneering or saying prayers will be withheld. Eventually, with enough pressure, they will find that brother or sister at fault for other things and form a JC. While, all along, everything started with the brother not making a copy of his ADD.

You may believe that filling out the ADD, sending them copies and then, going to a lawyer and doctors to give them different sets of instruction will get you out of this gem. Well. No. The photocopy of your instructions will allow them to speak for you. At one point or another, the doctors will have to tell them that they do not have that right as the patient has signed other directives that override the photocopies you elders have. When that happens, you'll wake up and find yourself disfellowshiped. There is also the other scenario where your legal representatives are not even around in the hospital you land in. However, JWs manage to send in HLC elders with your photocopies in and then, you die for lack of blood.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    In most cases not all the need for blood is in an emergency , if you don't have your blood card on you they the doctors should act to save your life. In non emergency situations one should be able to tell the doctors to proceed how they wish and do the operation with out anyone looking on. If I was is I would make sure my doctors or even my blood card had a attached document that shows the allowed use of hemopure as well as other statements that show the Borg as being hypocritical. Hand written note on the card maybe in order.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This been done as means to push more of the legal responsibility onto each individual further away onto the organization (WTS) itself, as well to define who is spiritually strong enough in each congregation to uphold this no blood doctrine, making it more of personal commitment in writing as it were.

So from the WTS perspective, they win on both accounts.

As it is now JWS are to just carry with them a no blood card and make their decisions themselves, helped along by special appointed elders who will instigate and support the decision not to.

In most instances there is usually also a legal waver that the person must sigh at the Hospital or medical center to where this medical procedure is being considered.

With this signed document on hand the WTS can bring this to court and make a greater legal position of non- liability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit