NEW BLOOD CARD w/ FORCED COMPLIANCE also LEGALISM

by apocalypse 103 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie
    I find it hard to believe that the WTS will put anything in writing on these healthcare choice documents that compels a jw to make a certain choice. Put it behind the scenes more likely. jws don't know what the meaning is a the medical choices, many just blindly do what they are told verbally by elders, COs, etc.
  • apocalypse
    apocalypse

"The last "Medical Directive" card that I recieved was expected to be signed in front of a witness. I don't see a big change here."

Datadog. I think you didn't really read the post. maybe...

• Atlantis
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I find it hard to believe that the WTS will put anything in writing on these healthcare choice documents that compels a jw to make a certain choice. Put it behind the scenes more likely. jws don't know what the meaning is a the medical choices, many just blindly do what they are told verbally by elders, COs, etc.

I'm sure the letter doesn't say "make sure every publisher signs it or they're DFed" - it'll say that they've made "provisions" for people to keep their card on file with the elders, and are encouraged to do so. We all know what it means, though. The elders will be "encouraged" to verify that they have something on file for every publisher to make sure that the publisher was aware of this provision (wouldn't want them to miss out just because they didn't know about this loving arrangement!) but what it really means is that they're supposed to hound everyone until they've all signed away their lives and have it on file. When they put coercion in writing, they do it subtly and in a way that they can claim it means something else.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think this is designed to relieve them of being sued by family after the victim dies. People who know ttatt and apostates that still have to go can just sign all the bull crap then throw thier card away. And for lurkers and newbies in the 2006 KM which they site It's allowed to use a product called Hemopure which is cows blood. Also there roughly 1 million white blood cells in a single drop of human breast milk, so one can easily reason if this is the case does the creator really not want us to eat blood? One last question is blood is a sacred to God then why did he create a plethora of animals that's only source of food is blood?

And for bible believers please read Mark 7:18-19

• blondie
    blondie

This may have a 2 prong purpose....

Many jws do not get a form, or don't fill it out...I have known of many jws that are being wheeled into ER saying no blood, no blood, who have not filled out a form, giving the elders a huge headache.

Second many jws found it hard to understand the other form, too medical. So could not explain what they wanted to the doctors.

I can see that the WTS has adjusted it for legal language and events that need to hide behind.

• the comet
    the comet
    It sounds kinda like the card we've been using in Oregon for years. I got rid of mine a few years back but I'm pretty sure it had a DNR attached with it. I remember being told our card had to be different from everyone else's because of Oregon laws. Anyone else from Oregon remember this?
  • no-zombie
    no-zombie

Not to go contrary to the comments from anyone but could this be fake when the letter is dated April the 1st?

Just an observation.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Second many jws found it hard to understand the other form, too medical. So could not explain what they wanted to the doctors.

Blondie ...

Maybe the new form, if simplified, will also include a simplified version of the overlapping generation thing at the same time ... lol.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not to go contrary to the comments from anyone but could this be fake when the letter is dated April the 1st?

no-zombie ...

I would not put much credence on the April 1 date.

I just checked my list of JW approved "worldly" holidays and April 1 is not on the list.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit