September Is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month

by azor 9 Replies latest jw friends

• azor
    azor

Please donate. Whether it's your time, money, or influence. The donation box at McDonalds does go to an amazing charity. Ronald McDonald Camp brought light during some very dark times for my family. It also helped my family wake up from the JW stupor we were in, by seeing the goodness of "worldly" people.

Make-A-Wish is another great one. My family has been awarded a disney cruise that we will be going on early next year. There is also Alex's Lemonade Stand, and SuperSibs to name a few. You can also help your local children's hospital.

• cofty
    cofty
    My family has been awarded a disney cruise that we will be going on early next year.

Brilliant! You deserve it after what you have all been through.

• azor
    azor

Thank you Cofty. Adin is a huge star wars fan and one of the days at sea has a star wars theme. We're getting star wars character costumes for Halloween that we can use for star wars day at sea.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I have given money and professional services time to a Cancer Center. Thank you for sharing.

• azor
    azor

Scratchme 1010 that is awesome. Thank you from someone who has benefited.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Azor, thank you for posting. My DIL died from myofibroblastic sarcoma. She fought three cancers in her short life time and taught me the absolute beauty of living in the moment. RIP Gina xoxo
  • millie210
    millie210

I do donate Azor and am so glad to know the good that is happening.

I hope you all enjoy your cruse to the fullest!

May the force be with you Adin!

• millie210
    millie210
    Sail Away20 minutes agoAzor, thank you for posting. My DIL died from myofibroblastic sarcoma. She fought three cancers in her short life time and taught me the absolute beauty of living in the moment. RIP Gina xoxo

Hugs to you dear Sail
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away

Thank you, dear Millie.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

MacDonalds in Australia also run a charity called Ronald McDonald House. They have entire facilities built so that family's with sick children have somewhere to stay right near the hospital, It is a really great thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit