Why Faith is Self-Defeating

by cofty 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Hiya Cofty,

I suspect you meant to say "divide a number by zero" but what does maths have to do with the subject of faith Skedaddle?

Because if you are looking for evidence Cofty, we both have to be discussing it in the place where evidence is produced. Right?

You've been down the rabbit hole Cofty, right?

I'm not interested in the story Cofty, if you get me. I'm interested in YOUR CONCLUSION. What did you find?

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

By the way Cofty, if we carry on the conversation, we're gonna go off topic.

So, Is faith self-defeating? YES! That's my answer.

We can move thread if you want.

• cofty
    cofty

Skedaddle - Did you even read the OP?

I'm not interested in the story Cofty, if you get me. I'm interested in YOUR CONCLUSION. What did you find?

Nope I don't get you.

What has dividing numbers by zero and rabbit holes got to do with the price of fish?

The OP is a knockdown argument against faith as a basis for belief in god.

The god of Jesus demands faith. Therefore there is no basis for belief in the god of christian theism.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Skedaddle - Did you even read the OP?

Nope I don't get you.

What has dividing numbers by zero and rabbit holes got to do with the price of fish?

The OP is a knockdown argument against faith as a basis for belief in god.

The god of Jesus demands faith. Therefore there is no basis for belief in the god of christian theism.

Hi Cofty,

Yes I read the OP. I added to the conversation already and you commented with;

vague notion you call "absolution

and...

It is intellectually dishonest and patronising to pretend you can bypass the process of evidence. When I was a christian I often came across people who would assert they KNEW god was real or that they had MET god.

It is posturing. I didn't fall for it then or now.

and...

I suspect you meant to say "divide a number by zero" but what does maths have to do with the subject of faith Skedaddle?

So, you implied I was ''posturing'' because I had not provided evidence. As I've said already, we need to use maths and Physics for evidence of God. It's what scientists use.

The answer to dividing any number BY zero:))) is ''unknown''! Mathematicians and Physicists and readers of, know this.

The ''rabbit hole'' is in reference to the same metaphor as ''red pill, blue pill''. If you've been down it you should know that there is no end. Or is there?

Absolute is a word I'm using in the correct entire meaning of it as described in any definition, in any dictionary. Mathematicians and Physicists use it.

I was beginning the process of trying to give you evidence on terms you should know, if you ask for evidence. If you don't know the terms Cofty, then... sorry! I mistook you for a person who doesn't believe in God from a background of knowledge... specifically in Maths, Physics and Religious studies.

I answered on the topic of faith already.

Peace

• cofty
    cofty
    The answer to dividing any number BY zero:))) is ''unknown''! Mathematicians and Physicists and readers of, know this.

No it isn't unknown, it's just a daft question. Maths is a language. Dividing by zero is a sentence that makes as much sense as asking what is the colour of gravity?

If you don't know the terms Cofty, then...

I know the terms I just don't have the patience for the pointless Q&A

How can anybody be expected to follow your terms when you confuse the unrelated words "absolute" and "absolution"?

Your posts are a word salad of unconnected random ideas.

If you ever get the urge to succinctly join the dots I will be interested to consider your point.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

No it isn't unknown, it's just a daft question. Maths is a language. Dividing by zero is a sentence that makes as much sense as asking what is the colour of gravity?

Wrong! Go and research it.

I know the terms I just don't have the patience for the pointless Q&A

Your posts are a word salad of unconnected random ideas.

If you ever get the urge to succinctly join the dots I will be interested to consider your point.

No, they are connected because they exist in absolute. That's why listening and asking the right questions is important to understand.

I'm done.

Peace

(The peachy hue is for the ones who are searching for God and it's a clue which I can explain.)

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

How can anybody be expected to follow your terms when you confuse the unrelated words "absolute" and "absolution"? Ah I see you updated your comment... but it's not strong enough for a responce.

Peace

• cofty
    cofty
    To be forced into proving that God exists to another person is not something that any one of us can do unless we ourselves are near to absolution - Skedaddle
    you really, really, really KNOW he is real - just because of some vague notion you call "absolution". - Me
    Absolute is a word I'm using in the correct entire meaning of it as described in any definition, in any dictionary. Mathematicians and Physicists use it. - Skedaddle
    How can anybody be expected to follow your terms when you confuse the unrelated words "absolute" and "absolution"? - Me
    it's not strong enough for a responce. (sic) - Skedaddle

In other words you prefer to pretend that you have some secret insight rather than deal with valid questions.

As I said earlier - posturing!

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle
    @ Cofty - If I was starting to explain then it's oviously not a secret insight, is it?
  • cofty
    cofty

So stop asking daft questions and explain.

And which is it - "absolute" or "absolution"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit