Anybody seen this Doco. about Yahweh Ben Yahweh on TV.?

by smiddy3 5 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The wife and I watched it last night on TV.

"Uncovered: The Cult Of Yahweh Ben Yahweh on Oxygen TV.channel .I`m in Vict.Aust.

He must have been a charismatic person to gain so many followers in his early days when he created the "Nation Of Yahweh" starting off in the Miami area in the early 1980`s ? and it spread throughout a number of "States" including NY state I believe.

He set up many places of worship and apparently gained a lot of wealth with his many activities & not all Christ like .

He was not adverse to using thug like standover tactics when it suited him.

Why i`m bringing this up here is I don`t think the WT/JW `s ever commented on his activities seeing he was using God`s name with the proper pronunciation.And he was gaining converts in their own territory so to speak.

They were always attacking the Catholic religion at any given opportunity ,however as far as I can tell they never commented on his rise to fame and his ultimate fall from grace.

Overall it was an interesting program

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m a little surprised that after 25 days since this was posted not one person has responded at all ?

Is that a record Simon ?

Here was a man , that took on the name of God to himself ? and the WT as far as I know never commented on it ?

He did have some major influence their in certain sections of the U.S.A for some time getting an organization together.

And the name YAHWEH is arguably a more correct pronunciation of God`s name than what Jehovah is.

Hebrew not having a J sounding pronunciation ...Tetragrammaton ..YHWH .

They were always attacking the Catholic religion at any given opportunity ,however as far as I can tell they never commented on his rise to fame and his ultimate fall from grace.

"They" being the JW`s / WT , I wonder why they never challenged Yahweh Ben Yahweh ?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

another american religion. they are rather good at it. a money maker.

• zeb
    zeb

smiddy was this on SBS or the abc? thanks

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

zeb, I think I watched it on Netflix .

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

Thanks for sharing Smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest