I thank my lucky stars my sons' want nothing to do with this cult

by goingthruthemotions 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Everyday that goes by I thank my lucky stars that our sons' want nothing to with this cult.

She has set such a bad example of what a christian is, that is also what desuades them and keeps them thinking its a cult.

By what actions? When she becomes a different person after meeting, Her inability to reason about anything due to her black and white thinking, her ability to shut them off at a whim without a thought of natural human affection, Everytime she gets dressed up for a zoom meeting, Her inabiltiy to help other people who are not JW's

Like i told my sons' if they had decided to join and then left she would not think twice about shunning them. This hits home to them. She is not like normal women or mothers who have that natural affect.

So thank you Lucky stars!!!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

like my 1st wife--a born in. She totally shuns our son because--like me--he decided it wasnt for him ( in his 30's).

He has a great life--lovely wife and family--successful business and all that goes with it. just no mother.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Make sure in your communication with your sons that you don't alienate their natural affection for her. They will resent you when they become men.

How can you possibly accomplish that? Teach them about cult personalities and control tactics used to create those personalities. All of the negative behaviors she displays should not be dismissed but they shouldn't be fully blamed or focused on either.

Placing blame directly where it belongs, on the cult, allows your sons to maintain a healthy love for her while learning and observing how destructive the cult is. May work for you as well.

Her true nature is still under there somewhere. Never give up hope it might break free one day.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right on GND!

• LV101
    LV101
    I don't blame you and you're so darn lucky and fortunate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit