1934 Yearbook hard to find

by rickroll 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• rickroll
    rickroll

I have been looking for one and they go for a lot when I do find them. To the tune of 200 bucks. Are they that rare?

• sir82
    sir82

Is that the one where Rutherford expresses his admiration for Hitler? If so, that would make them in high demand, which would drive the price up.

• dozy
    dozy

There are collectors , particularly in the USA , who pay big money for older Watchtower publications. I guess with Yearbooks - people are filling empty spots in their libraries.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the Declaration of the Facts from Rutherford to the German government/Hitler letter was published in the 1934 Yearbook.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/hitler-nazi.php

https://www.jwfacts.com/pdf/declaration-of-facts.pdf

• jazzmaniac91
  • sir82
    sir82

I think this page is more interesting:

https://archive.org/details/1934-JwYearbook/page/n133

Addressed to the Nazis:

"...the very high ideals held and promulgated by the present national government are set forth in and endorsed and strongly emphasized in our publications..."

"...Instead, therefore, of our literature and our work's being a menace to the principles of the present government we are the strongest supporters of such ideals."

Once again, for emphasis, the above words were written by the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses, and addressed to the Nazi government.

Again...Nazis. NAZIS!

Sheesh.
  • rickroll
    rickroll

I found a millions now living and talking with the dead original. They are a bit hard to find also.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Yes, the Declaration of the Facts from Rutherford to the German government/Hitler letter was published in the 1934 Yearbook.

Do you think that this ever factored into why the WT has never caved on the whole 587/607 BCE issue?

After all, if they followed the 587 date, it would buy them an extra 20 years, moving 1914 to 1934. And given the number of historical events that occurred in 1934 (basically Hitler becoming "Hitler" and starting his reign of terror, Soviets joined League of Nations, etc.), they'd easily make the argument that it was because Satan and the demons were cast down that year and started the events leading to the largest and deadliest war the world has ever seen.

If what the WT was doing in 1934 was suddenly put under a magnifying glass as organizationally significant, perhaps these views on Hitler might not look too good.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Has the U.S.A. government ever taken issue with the JW/ WT religion over what was printed and taught back then ?

Especially with Rutherford`s letter to Hitler ? And their obvious disdain of the jews at that time ?

Or of their obvious disdain of the anglo American Alliance ?

Which was in total opposition to C.T.Russell`s opinion of the jews , him being a Zionist in favour of the Jews returning to Jerusalem .

Remember C.T.Russell started the magazine titled "Zions Watchtower And Herald Of Christs Presence" in the 1870`s , long before his presence was supposed to have begun in 1914.

So when did Jesus Christ presence begin in the 1800`s or 1914 ?

• blondie
    blondie

When the Finished Mystery book came out in 1918, it had some portions so offensive to the US government, that the WTS actually had to remove those parts from a later printing, but it did not stop the government from taking legal steps. It was that information that eventually led to the WTS Board of Directors being sent to prison.

No time to any links on right now. But I'm sure a search of JWN will come up with some info.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit