Any Reviews or Feedback from the District Convention??

by daringhart13 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I stopped in to see if that are any overwhelming statistics, stories or feedback from people regarding the 2016 District Convention.....haven't seen much...... any stories or threads?

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Go to JWSurvey.com for a blistering review of the worst convention ever.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Hmmmmm.......clicking on your link took me to a private surveying company in North Carolina. It's called Johnny Williams Survey. Not what you intended I'm sure.

HappyDad

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The proper link is JWSurvey.org. Not .com.

Happydad

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thanks I've seen all of Lloyd's work leading up to the convention.....I was hoping for more first person accounts, experiences, observations, etc.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi daringheart,

I have only heard three things...

One from an elderly man - "The assembly was all about the brotherhood!"

(it wasnt, it was about loyalty - especially as it applys to the Org.)

Another from a middle aged guy - "There werent any new releases because they are trying to appeal to the young people and they like everything digital ya know!"

(oh really......THATS why? hmm)

And the third was the most pitiable of all, an older, widowed, faithful woman. Her comment was concerning the infamous "bunker" video - "I heard from a friend who knows someone up at Bethel that they are trying to prepare us for the persecution that is coming....they must know something we dont!"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

...they must know something we dont!"

It will too late for her when (if ever) she figures out that they don't know a damn thing!

Doc

• steve2
    steve2

The GB probably do know something the old sister doesn't - but it's likely to be something profane such as, How to use FOG (fear, obligation and guilt) to keep ageing suckers hanging on....

BTW, anecdotal reports suggest attendances in the States and the UK have been below expectations and baptisms much fewer than in earlier years.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Thank you Millie and Steve......good tidbits....exactly what I was looking for. I saw post from a JW that still speaks to me last night on FB.....she was telling everyone to bring a tissue.

I have to get over the frustration of seeing people I love fall for such intellectually insulting cult.

• smiddy
    smiddy

A niece of mine said to me the Elders are really showing love to the congregations now trying to help them prepare for the GT that is about to befall us.please come back.

What can you say to such deluded people .My wife tells me to let her be , we were their once.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit