Watching the old Rockford files again since the 70s

by mickbobcat 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Funny but this show has all the current events we have today, Nut bar hippie cults, Gay issues, and many more and I get to see the old car classics drive around. Anyone ever notice how things do not change all that much? The big issue is so many idiots mostly left over old far hippies and young idiots who do not know how to tie their own shoe laces are IMO much bigger in size than in the 70s

• Simon
    Simon

Funny timing, but I watched the intro to this on YouTube just the other day. I remember watching it (or it being on TV) when I was a kid.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

In season 4 Jim uses Organic Veggies to con a commune.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Funny but this show has all the current events we have today,

Noticed the same thing when I watch old talk shows such as Dick Cavett.

I used to love the Rockford Files as a kid. As a teen, whenever I had to make some crazy move while driving, I'd claim I learned it at the Jim Rockford School of Driving. I always thought it would be great to live in an old trailer by the sea and I've been in that parking lot in Malibu at Paradise Cove where he had his parked, a few times. There's a restaurant adjacent to it.

I always wondered how he'd would have been allowed to live there and where he had his utilities hooked up. There's an episode where someone asks him about that and he claims that California beaches are public access (or something like that).

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Jim Rockford never let us down! Ever episode included at least 1 car chase and 1 fist fight. Such a great show.

• Simon
    Simon
    I always wondered how he'd would have been allowed to live there and where he had his utilities hooked up

It'd be a homeless tent-city in 2021.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit