More and More questions

by Law 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Law
    Law

how is a regular week as a jw?Number of meetings and hours of service bible studys etc.?

Do they celebrate any holidays or have any holidays of their own?

What jobs can a JW not be?

Thank you for any answers their greatly appreciated.

Law

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Hi Law,
    I'll go through an average week from my JW past.
    Sunday Morning-- 10am-12:15pm at the Kingdom Hall. Public Talk and study of the Watchtower. (some meet for door to door service after the meeting)

Tues. night 7pm-8pm at either someone's house or the kingdom hall for a book study. (whatever WT book is assigned for the time)

Thur. night 7pm-9pm at kingdom hall for "ministry school and service meeting"

Many spend their days going door to door for many hours.

They do not celebrate any holidays.
    They observe one day of year. The day of Jesus death.

Pretty much any job that would require you to carry a gun (police, military, armed security) is out.
    Any political or military job is out.
    Any job that would keep you from attending the meetings is seriously frowned upon.

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK
    "Any job that would keep you from attending the meetings is seriously frowned upon."

What an understatement! You get absolutely hammered and get the cold shoulder. I was in fulltime employment from June 2000 to January 2001 and I was treated like an outcast in everything in JWdom all that time.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Don't forget that you study the Watchtower before the Sunday congregation study, which should be deeper then just the 45 minutes spent by the congregation.

Same for whatever book is being studied for the congregation book study.

You need to do the Bible reading and study the Kingdom Ministry for any articles that are going to be question and answer that week too.

Slipnslideius Masterus: Strength and Honor ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit