Blood is thicker than water??

by HereIgo 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I remember a CO saying from the platform, " People often say blood is thicker than water. Well not in Jehovah's Organization" I don't know about anyone else, but it sure rubbed me the wrong way and one of the million reasons why I left!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I remember a CO saying at one of the last conventions I attended. "We don't have to look on the internet because we know we have the truth". Yup that woke me up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Definitely a "Jehovah's WTFness" moment. :smirk:

• Saename
    Saename

I wish blood were always thicker than water, though.

• hoser
    hoser

Of course it isn't in the "truth". Family means nothing in the jw org

• Chook
    Chook

What elder would have the balls to bring Geoffrey Jackson before a JC for denying the faith during ARC. It's ALWAYS about connections and especially blood connections. What would the average CO know about children, a big nothing, then again they know nothing about heating bills ,gas prices ,food cost , phone bills nothing. So WT puts in charge of all Congs men who are that out of touch that they wouldn't and can't understand daily difficulties. Then they tell cong God has sent these men around to encourage, it's equivalent to trying to get a teenager to have empathy for someone with a tooth ache.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WatchTower World is one of the few places..

Stupid Is Considered a Valuable Skill..

They May Even Give You..

YOUR OWN TV SHOW!..

Image result for Watchtower stephen lett

• blondie
    blondie

http://biblehub.com/proverbs/18-24.htm

The concept is there how to be a friend; but the WTS and its members pay lip service to it.

International Standard Version
    A man with many friends can still be ruined, but a true friend sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 17:17
    A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 27:10
    Better is a neighbor who is near than a brother far away.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela
    The saying "Blood is thicker than water" is often wrongly interpreted, and in fact, is being paraphrased here, which contributes to the misinterpretation. The full quote is "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb," meaning that bonds forged over a common cause - such as brothers in arms at war, or even a literal blood covenant - are stronger than any bond dictated by familial relations. Two people uniting in the face of adversity will naturally share a strong bond; two people being related to each other won't necessarily even like each other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit