the wt view of your christian ancestors

by waton 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

Most jws to day come from families that have a long, or short line of christian family members.

Given that since Christ, only 80 per year on average were deemed by wt to be true followers of him, worshipping the Father, worthy of life, and there is, in wt's view, no redemption for those at variance with " the truth",

do they realize that billions of sincere partakers are actually condemned by wt teachings?

• Biahi
    Biahi

I understood that all those who died years ago, no matter if Christian or not, would be resurrected to get a chance to become a JW.

• waton
    waton
    no matter if Christian or not -- resurrected

B: yes, but we are looking here at the billions of "christian" adherers. would that with only ~80 per year really "true"wt type christians, that there was always an Earthly class? that

there at any given time always a majority condemned to gehenna had the return of the Messiah happened in their lifetime? of course,

had you lived in Europe in the Middle ages, and lived among the two factions, that would have been arelief.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

To me it's amazing that 2021 years later people still acknowledge and look to Jesus as Gods son and their savior. They may not all agree on the details but the big chunks of Christianity is the pretty much the same. JW's condemn non JW's because they say they aren't engaged in "true worship" but at the same time, the JW doctrine has been tweaked, changed, revamped and thrown out entirely on a regular basis since it's beginning and will continue to be changed. Not one thing they've ever claimed has come about so how are they really different than anyone else?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I think JW's care little about family or relatives....so it's pretty much a non-issue for them.

What they really care about is getting someone's big house and petting panda bears. If you get hungry, just pick some low-hanging fruit. Share some of it with the panda bear or maybe the lamb or wolf that are playing nearby.

This is what occupies their affections... from what I've seen.

• waton
    waton
    They may not all agree on the details

PZ right, but it is on these doctrinal details that wt classifies almost all past believers (except ~ 80 per year) to be false worshippers deemed to be doomed at that, their time.

When 30 % of the population died in a medieval pandemics there was better reason than the 1914 overlapping generation groups to believe, that the end with apocalyptic horsemen was near. Millions died but only 80 made it to the wt resurrection in 1918.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit