Looking at this video with Dr. Angel Fierro and I'm cringing.

by Island Man 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

I'm cringing because the video is very empty in the way of presenting any credible evidence or logical reasoning for rejecting evolution in preference for creationism. But it's not the only reason.The video wreaks of propagandistic manipulation.

First, Angel gives very stereotypic reasons for why he accepted evolution in the past. It's almost like he was reading from the script of Watchtower's favorite published pronouncements on why persons accept evolution and reject creation.

Second, notice his attire. He is wearing a white coat and has a stethoscope draped around his neck. Why? Isn't it enough that we've already been told he's a pediatrician? It's almost like Watchtower is trying a little too hard to convince us that he is a pediatrician. I'm not doubting that he is a pediatrician. But does that fact have to constantly burned into our eyes with every word that he speaks less they lose weight on their own merit?

It's exactly the kind of get-up one expects to see a doctor wearing in a misleading TV advertisement promoting some kind of medical hype. Argument from authority much, Watchtower? The whole thing is so cheesy and stirs up the cynic in me.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODIntExp/pub-jwbiv_201608_1_VIDEO

• A Ha
    A Ha

Gotta love the "I didn't want to believe in God so I could do whatever I wanted," line. You never hear that from actual atheists, but apparently every "ex-atheist" in the world had that as their main motivation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why cant biological evolution be wondrous as all living things in nature and beyond are own planet ?

It is when you really think about it.

If this guy really wanted to connect with god the creator, why did he pick a fraudulent and corrupt religious publishing house such as the Watchtower Corporation ?

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

This video is right out of the book on effective propaganda.

Get an "expert" to talk about a subject that is relevant to a certain organisation, and have them dress up in the corresponding garb. And you have the masses eating out of your hands.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't waste my time watching any JW video. I already know it has nothing I care for.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Empty, unchallenging and misleading information for those who yearn to be slaves under the delusion of Watchtower propaganda.

Wakey wakey people! videos like this will wither your brain cells.

• sparky1
    sparky1

You are so right, Thisismein1975................the masses will eat out of your hands when a so-called expert, dressed in the appropriate garb, gives his 'professional' opinion. Mass media (including religious mass media) are experts at selling their 'product' to an unsuspecting public.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I don't understand how people could see childbirth as designed. It's so extremely dangerous. Bringing new life into the world is both beautiful and amazing, but I can't see how you can read design into it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

...Because pediatricians are absolutely qualified to comment on vertebrate paleontology...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit