We close this prayer in the mighty god and our everlasting father Jesus Christ amen.

by pleaseresearch 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

  • pleaseresearch

    Hmmm, how well do you think that would go down?

    You didn't say nothing wrong, Isiah states that Jesus is such things mentioned. Would brothers and sisters look at you with a smile, or would there be gasps of shock as you closed a prayer like that.

  • jookbeard
    summoned to the back room before you've had a chance to sit down
  • redvip2000
    99.99 would go unnoticed for two reasons. First because 90% are not listening and are instead thinking of what they are going to eat for dinner. The other 9.99% are listening but that sounds similar to the traditional ending where you state something like "We end this prayer by asking all these things in Jesus's name, amen", so they would just shrug their shoulders and move along.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

    I'd say the "Amen" just because I've been not really listening to any of the prayers at the kh. I just bow head, sometimes close eyes, and wait for the group "Amen" to lift head back up.

    So, I'm sure quite a few would say their "Amen".


  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I'd rather hear that than 'care and keeping' one more time . . .

    You see that Jesus is a mighty god,


    IS 9;6

  • stuckinarut2
    No one would notice it.....
  • Lieu

    I think a smurf would jump from a chair and run out the KH yelling,"This is BS!!".

    Why do you ask? 😆

  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

    Isaiah was speaking about one of his own children, not of some non-human, whether present or in the future.



    Yes, I agree with Doug...umm, ok, maybe not

    For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
    And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
    there will be no end.
    He will reign on David’s throne
    and over his kingdom,
    establishing and upholding it
    with justice and righteousness
    from that time on and forever.

Share this