Watchtower Society of Australia Financial reports to Charity Commission.

by doubtfull1799 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Screen capture from the Watchtower Society of Australia's Article's of Association:

I wonder how item (e) is defined and whether they actually provide any money for charitable poverty relief? If so, I would love to see the evidence. If not, and they never have, why is this point included in their mission statement? How does one even find out?

I notice in their yearly audited financial reports that they list millions of dollars in "overseas aid" in their outgoings. Does this actually go to charitable aid, or is this just a euphemism for donations forwarded to head office for the WWW? I presume the latter, but I'm not experienced in reading and interpreting financial statements.... this is the website if anyone knows how to read these documents better than I do:

https://www.acnc.gov.au/RN52B75Q?ID=91956EB4-F967-4486-8D20-89B6E9A28BCC&noleft=1

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks doubtful1799. You have to wonder, looking at that list of requirements, if the whole point of the preaching work and pioneer, missionary schools, was so this publishing and real estate company could register as a charity all over the world and escape paying tax. They certainly don't do any relief of poverty and never have done.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"...charitable work for the relief of poverty" ?

Pardon me while I choke.

"...training...men and women as ministers... teachers and lecturers" ???

Really WT? Women teachers and lecturers?

So decepive and misleading!

• Listener
    Listener

There's a huge reduction of unpaid volunteers from 2013 to 2016 -

They reported

700 in 2013

between 101 and 500 in 2014 (seems like they couldn't count that year)

484 in 2015

380 in 2016

• zeb
    zeb

please fwd your doubts to the charities commission..

• darkspilver
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Easy.

Charitable work for the relief of poverty is:

Teaching them about Gods kingdom, which will turn the earth into a paradise, which will end poverty.

Done.

(I feel ill having justified that)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit