Meeting for feild service, what a wonderful sight! What do you miss?

by IWasDuped 3 Replies latest jw friends

• IWasDuped
    IWasDuped

So we ran out of milk and I had to go to the store to get some. On my way I see this mob in the street going to their cars. I realize it's the meeting for service getting out. At that point I got a grin on my face from ear to ear without even thinking about it. It all became so clear. I have been so busy since my fade I haven't really thought much about missing it or my feelings. No more rushing to get there to conduct to avoid some other blow hard from doing it for 45 minites to an hour. No more being mad about the car group that you were put in and then feeling bad for feeling mad. Not to mention feeling guilty about not being prepared. No more screaming kids in the back seat that are just plain pissed because they are being meant to do something that is so unholy and unatural that even they can see it so they scream and lurch in protest like they are trying to fight off a demon invading their body. Who the hell came up with this in the first place?

"I have a great idea!!!" "Let's drag families out of their homes on a beautiful Saturday morning that already don't get to spend near enough time together and go out and try to help other people who don't want you at their door!" "If they are busy doing this they won't have time to think about the fact that they are being controlled by a mindless organization that is drunk on it's own power." ......... "by the way, speaking of being drunk......"

"Why that does sound like a great idea Judge, let's tell the them it's the lords work".

"I'll drink to that!" replied Judge R with a grin.

Sincerely,

It's so simple

• IWasDuped
    IWasDuped

Sorry I posted under my wifes screen but its really me IT'S SO SIMPLE

• freedom96
    freedom96

Every single weekend of my entire youth was spent going out in service at least one day. I may have gotten off maybe only 3 or 4 times and that was only if I was out of town.

What a waste!

Now, I cannot imagine getting up and ruining a day by going door to door.

• IWasDuped
    IWasDuped

Oh come on, where is your sense of loyalty to the mindless organization drunk on it's own power?

Someone has to keep the money rolling in for all those mint julips

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit